Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts included in bankruptcy

tag
lacecop98
Established Member

Accounts included in bankruptcy

I know a bankruptcy stays for 10yrs but the accounts that are included in it will fall off sooner....will that make my score go up at all??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Accounts included in bankruptcy

Bankruptcy: Chapters 7, 11, and 12 remain for 10 years from the filing date. Chapter 13 remains seven years from the filing date. Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to share my experience w/ you:

Filed chap7 in 2002 (DC 2003), things started to slowly fall off last last year. 

ALL my accts in BK have fallen off except the actual judgement itself.....my scores went up between 40-50 pts when that happened......

Good Luck and nooooo lates!!!  That's super important......it will only get better from there... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
jennordy
New Contributor

All of my accounts that are IIB are scheduled to fall off 7 years after the DOFD, not the date they were reported IIB.  So the accounts will be long gone by the time the BK itself falls off.

FICO® 8 Scores: 10/16: TU 592 -- EQ 579 -- EX 573; 11/16: TU 626 -- EQ 614 -- EX 605; 12/16: TU 606 -- EQ 589 -- EX 594
FICO® Mortgage Scores: 10/16: TU 588 -- EQ 567 -- EX 566
10/16: Negatives: 10 charge-offs; 7 collections (one "closed"); 1 Ch. 7 BK (filed 12/2008)
Positives: 2 Cap1s; Nordstrom; 4 Comenity store cards; Amazon store card, Care Credit, 76 gas card, and F21 Visa; 2 student loans
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.