cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts paid showing as discharged in bankruptcy

tag
megrsb

Accounts paid showing as discharged in bankruptcy

I have a bankruptcy filed and discharged in 2008.  I recently pulled my credit report and I have two installment loans that are showing up as being included in my bankruptcy, however these were not included and I continued to pay on these until they were paid off in full.  Are these something that are worth disputing due to how old they are?  What kind of effect would they have if they showed as paid instead of discharged?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Accounts paid showing as discharged in bankruptcy

You're not allowed to exclude any debts that have a balance on your Ch. 7 BK petition.

Are you sure they are not listed on your petition anywherE?  If you used an attorney, they should have told you this..

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Accounts paid showing as discharged in bankruptcy

@megrsb wrote:

I have a bankruptcy filed and discharged in 2008.  I recently pulled my credit report and I have two installment loans that are showing up as being included in my bankruptcy, however these were not included and I continued to pay on these until they were paid off in full.  Are these something that are worth disputing due to how old they are?  What kind of effect would they have if they showed as paid instead of discharged?

Have you verified that by checking your creditor schedule? How do you know that it was not included? All known debt is automatically included unless reaffirmed with the trustee's permission. By the way, was it a ch7 or ch13 bankruptcy? If you want good responses, you need to share all pertinent information.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.