Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Verizon Wireless account on bk?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Verizon Wireless account on bk?

So I have not been discharged. Just had my 341 meeting yesterday. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my verizon bill was very, very low. I had added a couple of lines, so I thought maybe billing got out of whack and the next bill would be double.

But now that bill is available, i see a bankruptcy pre petion something something credit on my bill. What the heck is that?

This is an active account and I never mentioned it to the attorney and never came up on any of the paperwork listing my creditors. I'm not complaining, just got a little worried since I have a total of 9 active lines on here. Dont want this account shut off.

Why would Verizon do this? The account was past due, but not enough to be suspended. I have been behind for some time but always pay in time to avoid suspension.

Any one seen anything like this? Please see below.

Bill Period: April 23, 2016 - May 22, 2016

NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION

Previous Balance $807.16 Payment - Thank You -$360.00
Payment Received 04/29/16 -$360.00

Total Payments Received

-$360.00

Adjustments -$665.99
Bankruptcy PRE-Petition Chgs on 05/06/16
-$490.99
Early Termination Fee-Dt for 831-331-3361 on 05/05/16
-$175.00
Total Adjustments
-$665.99
Credit Balance -$218.83 Monthly Charges    Important
Monthly access charges for new accounts or existing accounts with recent plan changes may reflect a prorated (partial) month's access in addition to charges for your next month of service. Your next month's bill should be closer to what you were expecting provided there are no changes to your account. For more information, Go to Charges by Line.
$315.13
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Active Verizon Wireless account on bk?

When I worked at T-Mobile odd things happened to accounts when someone declared BK. They would automatically be taken out of contract and put on a special account. I would call Verizon and ask what policy is for someone going through BK. Let us know what you find out!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  They are going to wipe out your old balance through the BK, but you will continue service and be billed as usual going forward.  Same thing will happen with utility balances.  Your service wont be canceled.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  They are going to wipe out your old balance through the BK, but you will continue service and be billed as usual going forward.  Same thing will happen with utility balances.  Your service wont be canceled.

I think I will call them to confirm. But if they just did a one time wipe, I guess it pays to be behind on the bill Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I will call them to confirm. But if they just did a one time wipe, I guess it pays to be behind on the bill Smiley Very Happy

Be VERRRY careful with monitoring your bill and usage until your next bill comes.  I work for big red and used to be in CS, and what happens when you file is  your lines are moved to a new account level, but when they do, it prorates your bill and usage. So that credit you see is just going to be used to offset the prorated charges on your bill cycle. even with 1 line proration gets ugly, so with 9...well, just make sure you have enough to pay what ever the normal bill is plus the prorated amounts.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.