phoenix_from_ashes

Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

Hi there everyone, I'm new to the board and wow I've learned alot! Thanks! Well here's my story... EQ 684 TU 718 EX 716 (32 point difference) BK Chap 7 discharged 2004. I'm trying to see if I can improve my EQ score but nothing in the CR really stands out. Ive disputed a couple of things on all reports-a couple acct. that were not mine (belonged to ex-spouse)and a few erroneous charge backs on EX that popped up the month I filed BK.(unusual since I've never had a late payment) But my EX is still 716! So I wonder what is up with EQ. The only thing I can think of is that I have only one revolving acct (a gas card) that I have been paying every month in full(no util).But that has'nt effected my other CR's... The only other thing I can think of is that my EQ is missing some accts that the other CR's have. (and vice versa) So just wondering if I am missing something? Anything else I should be looking for? Oh and the dates are relatively right or similar to the other reports. maybe I should see a financial counselor to look over my reports? any recommendations? I wanted to wait to apply for a credit card when my EQ is above 700. Not terribly excited to get one, but since I only have a gas card, It sounds like I need more revolving accts with util to improve my score over the long term. Thanks for all your help :smileyhappy: Phoenix--
Regular Contributor
VLGaffEsq

Re: Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

From what you said I think your FICO scores are excellent, considering your 2004 bankruptcy...so congratulations on your scores.  Regarding raising your present FICO scores, you NEED to have credit to rebuild your credit.  I strongly advise you to immediately get at least one more credit card for your file, and since I know they pull TU, I suggest you apply for a Juniper card (they also seem to appear BK friendly).  Remember, your credit card debt utilization is 35% of your FICO score, so you need to have credit cards, and use them (but keep their balances down between 1%-9%)!  Good luck!
phoenix_from_ashes

Re: Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

Thanks VLGaffEsq appreciate your input :smileyhappy: I will look into Juniper Credit and see what they have to offer. Was also thinking of a credit union but not really sure what the main benefit of that would be. Although I like the fact that NASA Credit Union has no annual fees.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}