Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

Hi there everyone, I'm new to the board and wow I've learned alot! Thanks! Well here's my story... EQ 684 TU 718 EX 716 (32 point difference) BK Chap 7 discharged 2004. I'm trying to see if I can improve my EQ score but nothing in the CR really stands out. Ive disputed a couple of things on all reports-a couple acct. that were not mine (belonged to ex-spouse)and a few erroneous charge backs on EX that popped up the month I filed BK.(unusual since I've never had a late payment) But my EX is still 716! So I wonder what is up with EQ. The only thing I can think of is that I have only one revolving acct (a gas card) that I have been paying every month in full(no util).But that has'nt effected my other CR's... The only other thing I can think of is that my EQ is missing some accts that the other CR's have. (and vice versa) So just wondering if I am missing something? Anything else I should be looking for? Oh and the dates are relatively right or similar to the other reports. maybe I should see a financial counselor to look over my reports? any recommendations? I wanted to wait to apply for a credit card when my EQ is above 700. Not terribly excited to get one, but since I only have a gas card, It sounds like I need more revolving accts with util to improve my score over the long term. Thanks for all your help Smiley Happy Phoenix--
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Re: Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

From what you said I think your FICO scores are excellent, considering your 2004 bankruptcy...so congratulations on your scores.  Regarding raising your present FICO scores, you NEED to have credit to rebuild your credit.  I strongly advise you to immediately get at least one more credit card for your file, and since I know they pull TU, I suggest you apply for a Juniper card (they also seem to appear BK friendly).  Remember, your credit card debt utilization is 35% of your FICO score, so you need to have credit cards, and use them (but keep their balances down between 1%-9%)!  Good luck!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice Wanted- 32 pt. difference

Thanks VLGaffEsq appreciate your input Smiley Happy I will look into Juniper Credit and see what they have to offer. Was also thinking of a credit union but not really sure what the main benefit of that would be. Although I like the fact that NASA Credit Union has no annual fees.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.