Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affect of Mortgage posting after Chapter 13

tag
pshaker
New Visitor

Affect of Mortgage posting after Chapter 13

After 4 1/2 years I'm through with my Chapter 13 and it will be discharges in 30 days or so. Of course during these 48 months Chase hasn't been reporting all of my on time payments. I understand how/why that works and have come to terms with that. MY question is this...... When they once again start to report my payments what will that do to my score. I know that over time it will help my score, but in the beginning (first few months) how will it affect my score.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Affect of Mortgage posting after Chapter 13

Welcome!

It shouldn't have any positive FICO impact. FICO ignores the "OK" or on-time payments on your credit report. The assumption is that if there are no lates, then it is being paid on time even if the on-time payment listings are missing. So, even if they suddenly appeared there would be no score change on that alone.

Message 2 of 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Affect of Mortgage posting after Chapter 13

mortgage companies keep a mortgage history of your payments.  If you want to refinance or whatever, have them give you the history to show your ontime payments

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.