Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After bankruptcy

I got discharged July 2016. Since I didn't have much luck on capital one and Credit one - I went secured route with NFCU that is about 6 months reporting already. My scores Equifax is 655 transunion 626 and Experian 636. I app for NFCU cc and they just declined me as well as LOC. Since I took some HP already I tried PenFed and got declined as well. I have a Merrick Bank that has reported 2x already since. Other than that I am in the garden again till august and try my luck.
I just recently traded my car that was re affirmed after Bk and I am able to lease Honda Accord.

I know not everyone is on the same situation as me but I am gonna try and wait again. But I am happy where my score is right now.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:
I got discharged July 2016. Since I didn't have much luck on capital one and Credit one - I went secured route with NFCU that is about 6 months reporting already. My scores Equifax is 655 transunion 626 and Experian 636. I app for NFCU cc and they just declined me as well as LOC. Since I took some HP already I tried PenFed and got declined as well. I have a Merrick Bank that has reported 2x already since. Other than that I am in the garden again till august and try my luck.
I just recently traded my car that was re affirmed after Bk and I am able to lease Honda Accord.

I know not everyone is on the same situation as me but I am gonna try and wait again. But I am happy where my score is right now.

Good scores less than a year post BK!

While BK friendly, it seems NFCU and PenFed like to see a little more history (both time and accounts) before approvals. Your secured card should convert in time.

You may want to try the CapOne prequal every now and again. It's pretty reliable if it matches you to a card that you'll get approved for it and you may get a third revolver to build history with until others are ready for you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.