Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Visa surviving BK???

tag
panthersguy
New Contributor

Alliant Visa surviving BK???

Hey guys, anybody know if a paid off Alliant Visa will survive a CH7?? I was hoping it would but who knows.  I really don't want to burn them in a Bk if there's any possibility that it would survive if paid off.

Thanks!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Visa surviving BK???

If it has a $0 balance you are not burning them.  

There's little chance of it surviving BK, but there is a possibility.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 5
panthersguy
New Contributor

yeah I know it's a hit or miss kind of deal. but think I had heard that Alliant was Bk friendly after dc so was hoping that maybe with a $0 bal and only $2K limit that it might survive.....

Thanks for the reply...

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would advise you to close it prior to your filing of BK, this way its closed by you and will remain on file for up to 10 years post close as a good account instead of a closed IIB derog for 7.

Message 4 of 5
panthersguy
New Contributor

yeah, was kind of thinking the same thing...wife and I are going to be filing in 2-3 months so we're in the planning stages now...closing paid off cards, not using the ones we have and taking her off of the cards she is AU on that we may have a shot at getting in her name after the BK is dc'ed......any other suggestions are welcome....

thanks again!!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.