cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I ready for the Venture card yet?

tag
RuRedy2Rok

Am I ready for the Venture card yet?

My scores are 624 EXP, 618 TU, 637 EQ. My BK7 was discharged 9-15. I have an NFCU NRewards $1000 (3 months), Cap One QS1 $500 (3 months), Cap One Plat MC $500 (3 months), and a Cap One Sony $750 (2 months), Cap One Kohl's $300 (2 months). I have a Cap One auto loan $22,000 balance (3 months). I make $105,000 a year.

So I am looking for a card, most likely a Cap One Venture card, but just a card with a higher limit that I can work towards other higher limit cards and one that I do not have to micromanage. I have tried all of the sp pre-qual sites and I have no pre-approvals at the moment. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: Am I ready for the Venture card yet?

@RuRedy2Rok wrote:

My scores are 624 EXP, 618 TU, 637 EQ. My BK7 was discharged 9-15. I have an NFCU NRewards $1000 (3 months), Cap One QS1 $500 (3 months), Cap One Plat MC $500 (3 months), and a Cap One Sony $750 (2 months), Cap One Kohl's $300 (2 months). I have a Cap One auto loan $22,000 balance (3 months). I make $105,000 a year.

So I am looking for a card, most likely a Cap One Venture card, but just a card with a higher limit that I can work towards other higher limit cards and one that I do not have to micromanage. I have tried all of the sp pre-qual sites and I have no pre-approvals at the moment. Any suggestions?

My personal suggestion based on the Ventures that have been getting approved lately is to wait until your scores either start with 7 or are pretty close to 7.  Still being in the low 600s, I'd say you need to wait for quite a bit longer.

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RuRedy2Rok wrote:

My personal suggestion based on the Ventures that have been getting approved lately is to wait until your scores either start with 7 or are pretty close to 7.  Still being in the low 600s, I'd say you need to wait for quite a bit longer.

Well, I think 670-680 is good for Venture, but the other thing is RuRedy is already pretty heavy into Cap One - 4 CCs & a $22k car loan, just 3 months out of BK7. I believe 5 CCs is the limit for Cap One, but that's if someone has been with them for years. Have you (RuRed) tried requesting a CLI while logged into the account? But only after 3 statements have cut. I would use the heck out of that NFCU, that's one that will grow quickly to higher CL with good usage.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least 660+ for the Venture. I would definitely wait a little while until your scores have recovered some more. Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
bk510
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RuRedy2Rok wrote:

Well, I think 670-680 is good for Venture, but the other thing is RuRedy is already pretty heavy into Cap One - 4 CCs & a $22k car loan, just 3 months out of BK7. I believe 5 CCs is the limit for Cap One, but that's if someone has been with them for years. Have you (RuRed) tried requesting a CLI while logged into the account? But only after 3 statements have cut. I would use the heck out of that NFCU, that's one that will grow quickly to higher CL with good usage.

I got pre-qualified with 660 score on Venture, V1 and QS Visa back in August. I went with Venture and QS, Both approved same day and only 1 pull each bureau.

Venture 10K and QS Visa 3K......following month apped for V1 and approved 5K.

Yes I agree with only 3 months out of BK7, You should at least give it a another 6 months or so.....

Good luck,

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 5 of 6
bk510
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@RuRedy2Rok wrote:

I got pre-qualified with 660 score on Venture, V1 and QS Visa back in August. I went with Venture and QS, Both approved same day and only 1 pull each bureau.

Venture 10K and QS Visa 3K......following month apped for V1 and approved 5K.

Yes I agree with only 3 months out of BK7, You should at least give it a another 6 months or so.....

Good luck,

But then, I would soft pull Cap1 basically every month and see what comes up. and if only any of these 3 I mentioned come up, pull the trigger and dont wait.

Cap1 soft pull is rock solid and you will be approved, just make sure that you get a firm APR (Not the range).

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.