cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon card.. Synchrony? Chase? Difficulty level?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon card.. Synchrony? Chase? Difficulty level?

I was about 8 months post 13 discharge and approved for $800 for Sync/Amazon.  Now I am up to $3000 and I barely use it Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved approximately 24 months post-BK discharge for $800 on the Synchrony store card, so if you heard that they're not accepting people with bankruptcies, then you heard wrong. I agree about Chase, though - they're pretty strict and I did burn them in my 2014 BK so there's no point for me to apply to them for quite a while yet.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured I'd tack on my quetion here, but I am curious about my chances getting back with them.

I burned them for $800 in my CH7 bk, filed March '16 and discharged June '16.

Scores in sig are updated as of today (pulled from myfico 3B).

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Figured I'd tack on my quetion here, but I am curious about my chances getting back with them.

I burned them for $800 in my CH7 bk, filed March '16 and discharged June '16.

Scores in sig are updated as of today (pulled from myfico 3B).

Who did you burn - Chase or Synchrony? As I said, Chase is very hard-line about past BK's particularly if they got burned. I don't know what Synchrony's policies are.

More generally, I'd advise you to get a good secured card - Capital One or, even better, Discover, as soon as you can so you don't have to rely on the rebuilder cards (Credit One and Indigo) that you currently have.

Message 14 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved approximately 24 months post-BK discharge for $800 on the Synchrony store card, so if you heard that they're not accepting people with bankruptcies, then you heard wrong. I agree about Chase, though - they're pretty strict and I did burn them in my 2014 BK so there's no point for me to apply to them for quite a while yet.

Depending on how much you burned Chase for, they could end up surprising you with a small approval Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Depending on how much you burned Chase for, they could end up surprising you with a small approval Smiley Happy

Really? I thought "no BK" was a pretty ironclad rule with Chase. Being that my Visa with them was $12,000 and maxed out, I really don't think much of my chances with them until at least the account drops off my reports (still something like 4 years to go, I think).

Message 16 of 19
Scupra
Super Contributor

Absolutely not an ironclad rule. I didn't burn Chase but I have a Freedom signature and a CSP. There is quite a few that have burned Chase get back in though. I don't disagree waiting for it to drop off is a positive though Smiley Very Happy good luck, don't give up
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Whatever you do, do not try to app as many Sync cards as you can to maximize your pulls . Getting too many Sync cards in a short period can lead to trouble, aka the blue envelope, and shutting down your accounts.

Id say one has a better shot at Amazon Sync than Chase with bk, but as always YMMV. Weve had a couple of posters suprise us by reconning and getting the Chase Visa, heres looking at Bella007Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Whatever you do, do not try to app as many Sync cards as you can to maximize your pulls . Getting too many Sync cards in a short period can lead to trouble, aka the blue envelope, and shutting down your accounts.

Id say one has a better shot at Amazon Sync than Chase with bk, but as always YMMV. Weve had a couple of posters suprise us by reconning and getting the Chase Visa, heres looking at Bella007Smiley Wink

Agreed. I realistically don't see myself having more than two Sync cards in the near- to mid-term future (Amazon Prime, which I have, and maybe later this year Walmart, or maybe even Marvel MC; I had been considering Care Credit but it's pretty much at the back at the queue if I can cover my medical expenses adequately with other cards) and exactly one Comenity card (Paypal Credit) - seriously, given that Overstock is meh as a store these days, that's the only Comenity card I actually want these days. Maybe next year once the BK has aged some more I might try to get the Chase Amazon Visa, but for now I'm letting both Chase and Citi be. I should be in a reasonably good position to get a CU Visa by fall and that should be good enough for me at that time.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.