Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Eagle Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Eagle Store Card

This is my first post as I just started with myFico. My BK was discharged on 07/28/17. I currently have a CreditOne Visa $300, Capital One Platinum $300 and FirstPremier $700, Nissan Motors car loan and my student loans which I could not include in BK. I would like to have an American Eagle Store card as I shop there a lot, does anyone know if they are BK friendly? What type's of scores do you need for this card? Not sure if this is the right forum for this post. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Eagle Store Card

The AE store card is issued by Synchrony Bank. I've heard varying stories regarding when they will approve. I would check out the "Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards part 2" thread for more info! 

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first post as I just started with myFico. My BK was discharged on 07/28/17. I currently have a CreditOne Visa $300, Capital One Platinum $300 and FirstPremier $700, Nissan Motors car loan and my student loans which I could not include in BK. I would like to have an American Eagle Store card as I shop there a lot, does anyone know if they are BK friendly? What type's of scores do you need for this card? Not sure if this is the right forum for this post. Thank you in advance.

Synchrony is BK friendly, but I wouldn't get any other credit until you're about a year post discharge. You're flirting with being trigger happy with your credit so close to discharge and although you could likely get approved, you have a good chance of being stuck with a bunch of toy limit cards.

You also need your next cards to be ones that can replace CreditOne and FirstPremier, so I would skip the store cards altogether for now.  

Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

I completely agree with Steeler here. A decent rewards card would most likely outshine the AE card. You can get their coupons without having the card Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your replies. I think you are right, I think I should just hangout in what you all refer to as the garden for a while. I really want to get rid of Credit One and First Premier as soon as possible that's for sure, No matter what I will be closing them before they hit that one year mark and hit me with that annual fee. I would like eventually have one really good card along with my Capital One card and let those two grow. I currently pay in full before the statement cuts and this month my utilization is 3%. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.