Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex recon help!!! PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex recon help!!! PLEASE

Hi, I'm new here, I need someone that can send me a American Express email address for a VP or someone that is in the position of approve a card. My story is bankruptcy 8 years ago, included Costco Amex for $900, I know they have put me in black list, because I dis applied for their green card and was denied for previously canceling an account. Right now my score is 670, per Amex letter of denial. It does 't matter if I need to pay the previous balance, I just want to reestablish mi relatio ship sith them but for that to happen, I need a very good contact. Can someone send me the info please. Thanks and God bless!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GABrown
New Contributor

Re: Amex recon help!!! PLEASE

you may want to check the credit card forum for any applicable numbers...good luck and keep us posted!!!
Message 2 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! I was barely approved for a Chase Freedom after recon and my Ch 7 is 9 yrs, 4 mos old. I didn't include Chase in BK and never did business with them before! Chase and AMEX and CITI just aren't BK friendly. I applying for AMEX in April 2014, 6 months after my BK is deleted.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 8
hrguy
Valued Member

It may not matter that you included Amex in your BK 9 years ago, as there seems to be some forgiveness with getting off the Amex Blacklist as of  lately......

However...

Amex will not approve applicants with a BK reporting even if it is 9 years, and 364 days since discharge.  Once it is removed from your credit report is when you will be approvable with Amex - if you are one of the one's who made it off of the blacklist.

Filed BK 7: 2/28/2012 | Discharged: 7/24/2012
POST BK APPROVALS:
NFCU nRewards Secured Visa: $1000 7/12| Apple FCU Secured Visa: $1000 9/12
Toyota Finance Lease: 0% | 0.0008 MF 10/12
Barclay Apple Finance Visa: $2200 1/13
NFCU cashRewards Visa: $2500 3/13

Message 4 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@hrguy wrote:

Amex will not approve applicants with a BK reporting even if it is 9 years, and 364 days since discharge.  Once it is removed from your credit report is when you will be approvable with Amex - if you are one of the one's who made it off of the blacklist.

There are people on here who have gotten an AMEX with a BK reporting. They tend to approve when your BK is eight years old or older. This is just one example

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 5 of 8
shawn

I'm not sure about how to get off their blacklist, but I do know that they will approve with a bankruptcy still on your credit report (Chap 7 filed 7.5 years ago/did not include them)

I applied for the AMEX Blue cash preferred card and was instantly denied due to the reason Bankruptcy. I called the new card customer service line and had them send my experian report for a manual review. WIthin 5 days I was approved with a 10K limit. Good luck.

Current Cards/Limits-AMEX Blue cash preferred-30K, NFCU Platinum-39K, USAA AMEX-16K, New England Federal Credit Union-15K, Vermont Federal Credit Union-15K, Military Star card-8.5K, Macy's-2K. Current FICO'S- Experian-821, Transunion-824, Equifax-831
Message 6 of 8
shawn

Hrguy,

This post is old but just an update for you on my recent AMEX approval. I have a Chap 7 discharge that is 7.5 years old and was just approved for an AMEX Blue cash prefered card for 10K.  

Current Cards/Limits-AMEX Blue cash preferred-30K, NFCU Platinum-39K, USAA AMEX-16K, New England Federal Credit Union-15K, Vermont Federal Credit Union-15K, Military Star card-8.5K, Macy's-2K. Current FICO'S- Experian-821, Transunion-824, Equifax-831
Message 7 of 8
bjack019
New Visitor

I just was approved for an amex this month with an eight year bankruptcy reporting. AMEC considers other factors like credit score, credit history, previous other loans, and many others.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.