Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And the credit offers are starting.....LOL

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

And the credit offers are starting.....LOL

Filed my Ch 7 1-13-14, I got home from work today and in my mail box is one of those promotional letters saying "you're invited to a special program to rebuild your credit with a vehicle from (fil in dealer name here)". These companies must spend a lot of time at public records looking at files LOL

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: And the credit offers are starting.....LOL

Your filing was SOLD to marketers. They just happen to be quick ... like ambulance chasers.

Message 2 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Same thing happened to me. It's unreal, actually. They die down, but there is one company that keep getting daily mailings. I'm talking four a week. It's unreal. Too bad they are sketch and would never use them.

My wife got a credit cars offer today. I know for a fact she would be rejected so not gonna waste a hit, but, yea...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

Yea I figured they got the information somehow because it even details that it is credit builder after filing Ch 7. Since Cap One isn't letting me keep my secured card thru the Ch 7 I will have to start building somewhere.

Message 4 of 14
Peanut03

We got the same stuff.  It was a bit unsettling since we live in such a small town.  I felt like my business was being spread to every car dealer in town.  Oh well....it is what it is.

Message 5 of 14
summerjune
Valued Member

I filed 1/9/2014 and my mailbox is being flooded as well, so far I've only gotten offers from car dealer.  I am not interested, I plan to reaffirm my car loan.

Discharged 4/25/14
Scores as of 4/24/14: Equifax 590 Transunion 636 Experian ?
Capital One Quicksilver $500.00 Firestone $1000
Message 6 of 14
heavenli
Contributor

I have only received dealership mail..No card offers yet..Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

@heavenli wrote:

I have only received dealership mail..No card offers yet..Smiley Indifferent

Yea it is all dealership offers right now, generally the card offers start post discharge or right before it.

Message 8 of 14
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

@Officer737 wrote:

Filed my Ch 7 1-13-14, I got home from work today and in my mail box is one of those promotional letters saying "you're invited to a special program to rebuild your credit with a vehicle from (fil in dealer name here)". These companies must spend a lot of time at public records looking at files LOL

hey Officer

i was discharged back in 04- and i could not believe the 30+ lucrative interest rates i was receiving Smiley Happy

by Mid 05 - i called all three credit Bureaus and opted out of any marketing or promotional crap

so that slowed down my mail box from all offers

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 9 of 14
Officer737
Established Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

hey Officer

i was discharged back in 04- and i could not believe the 30+ lucrative interest rates i was receiving Smiley Happy

by Mid 05 - i called all three credit Bureaus and opted out of any marketing or promotional crap

so that slowed down my mail box from all offers

This is the same thing I am thinking of doing as well. I just want to get the 3 revolving TLs going and leave it at that lol

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.