cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiously awaiting Discharge

tag
ShyTownDva

Anxiously awaiting Discharge

I had my 341 meeting on 8/16/2012.  It went off without a hitch. Smiley Happy  I was scared to death after reading some of the horror stories about the Trustees.  Mine was quite witty & joked about if my cat knew he was listed on my Schedule B with a dollar value of $1.  I told him “…shhh, I don’t want my cat to stray.”  LOL  Anyway, every morning I call the court line and no discharge yet.  Smiley Frustrated How long was it before you received your discharge in Illinois?

Starting Score: EQ 470 EX ?? TR 584 Chapter 7 filed 06/18/12 Trustee Mtg 08/16/12 Discharged 10/16/12
Current Score: EQ 470 EX ?? TR 501
1st Goal Score: 650 Across the Board

On the path to home ownership ~ Currently Gardening until 12/2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anxiously awaiting Discharge

I think generally it's about 2-3 months after your 341.  The creditors have like 60 days to object to the discharge.  I had my 341 on 8/2 and the creditors deadline was 10/1.  You probably have to wait a few more weeks. 

Message 2 of 3
MoreCowbell
Established Member

Re: Anxiously awaiting Discharge

The "Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Creditors, & Deadlines" notice that you got from the court, setting your hearing date, will have the date by which creditors must object. It's under "Deadlines" on the first page. I had my hearing July 31, the deadline was Oct. 1, and on Oct. 2 I called and it was done. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.