Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any hope from past BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any hope from past BK?

I filed BK just over 6 years ago.  Some of the charged off accounts have already dropped from my credit and the majority will be off in a year.  The BK itself will stay on until 7/2014.  No matter what I do, I cannot get my score over 650.  Since filing, I have three CC's with a total 3k limit with 0 balance.  I have paid off two installment loans over two and three years for a total of 6500.  I had a car loan after BK, traded that car in and have another with the first showing paid.  I even modeled paying off my current car loan, which I could do, and my score will not go above 650.  I know the BK hurts, but one would think that having zero debt with at least 7 positive accounts in the past 6 years with absolultely no late payments could at least get me closer to 700.

When I filed BK, I was not late on even one account.  Can I dispute the charged off accounts that show 30, 60, or 90 days late because once you file, can they still consider it late?  I won't do anything if activitity would leave them on another 7 years when I know they will be gone in less than a year anyway.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any hope from past BK?

When I filed it stopped everything cold.  Even the IRS.

But it took 10 years for BK to fall off.  I don't think

the accts included in the BK should be reporting.

Why don't you post this in the Bankruptcy section

on this forum.

MODS??????

PS When BK fell off my score went

up 98 pts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.