Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on getting rid of derogatory status on iib accounts

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Any ideas on getting rid of derogatory status on iib accounts

Does anyone have  any ideas on removing derogatory status on credit accounts iib? I still have 7 credit card accounts listed as derogatory that I can't get changed. All of my other accounts simply show closed/current and/or iib. I'm just interested to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.

From what I have read is that it is legal from lenders to list accounts as derogatory that are included in bankruptcy. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any ideas on getting rid of derogatory status on iib accounts

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Does anyone have  any ideas on removing derogatory status on credit accounts iib? I still have 7 credit card accounts listed as derogatory that I can't get changed. All of my other accounts simply show closed/current and/or iib. I'm just interested to see if anyone has any thoughts on this.

From what I have read is that it is legal from lenders to list accounts as derogatory that are included in bankruptcy. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

No, they cannot report them as derogatory if they are IIB.  I'm going through a similar thing right now.  In fact, our BK lawyer just sent one of them another letter along with a bill for lawyer fees.  I hope that clears it up.  I just want to be done with it.

All you can do is dispute it.  We had two like this.  One finally fixed it and the other keeps messing with us.

Message 2 of 8
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Thanks!  I'm going to work on the disputes now.  I will update results as I get them.

Message 3 of 8
Poorboi
Contributor

Same here. they mailed me my car title but won't change the iib status, I contact them and they keep telling me that it should show paid for less amount, but no one would change, guess il keep trying. By the way I had a chpt 13

Message 4 of 8
Poorboi
Contributor

Will it help anything or look any better to not show as derogatory 

Message 5 of 8
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@Poorboi wrote:

Will it help anything or look any better to not show as derogatory 

I'm no expert, but I would certainly think so!

Message 6 of 8
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

If in fact the derogatory information was pre-bankruptcy filing then they can report that.  They are not supposed to report derogatory information after the bankruptcy.  So if your account was for example, charged-off before you filed, then they can report both the charge-off and the bankruptcy and should be listed is included in bankruptcy.  However, if the account was in good standing at the time of bankruptcy filing then they should only report included in bankruptcy.  Some creditors, illegally, report a charge-off just on the basis of the filing so you should definitely fight that.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 8
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

The accounts show there were charged off after I filed Chapter 7.  I have already started disputes and hope to have resolution on this very soon.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.