Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else regret filing BK?

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else regret filing BK?

Well your eligibility starts next year then, so you should be good to go (if you want an FHA loan - excluding the Back To Work program)

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 21 of 27
DesperateCh7

Thanks for the help. I guess I was just extremly frustrated and feeling defeated. I"m not used to living like this. I thought it would be easier to rebuild. I just have to be patient. I miss my A-1 credit. Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 27
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Just curious - what have you done to rebuild?

Are all of your credit reports updated appropriately?  There is a thread called "Bankruptcy to 700 in 24 months (or less)" that I would suggest reading.  Obviously, you're too the game a little later, but you may get some assistance and ideas to help with how to get that score up there again!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I'm still earning half of what I was prior to the '08 crash? Nope. I only wish I'd filed sooner instead of futiliy trying to make it "work" for four years.

Best decision we ever made. Our scores are on their way up. Our savings is building, slowly, but surely, and we should be able to buy a house next year.

Message 24 of 27
DesperateCh7

I will check it out. I did some research here shortly after filing. I applied for the Capitol One card, went to the bank and got a 2 year credit rebuilder CD(which the back closed the account after the two years), tried to not be late on any payments(it happened), nothing else major.

Message 25 of 27
DesperateCh7

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I'm still earning half of what I was prior to the '08 crash? Nope. I only wish I'd filed sooner instead of futiliy trying to make it "work" for four years.

Best decision we ever made. Our scores are on their way up. Our savings is building, slowly, but surely, and we should be able to buy a house next year.

Good Luck on the house!!

Message 26 of 27
DesperateCh7

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Just curious - what have you done to rebuild?

Are all of your credit reports updated appropriately?  There is a thread called "Bankruptcy to 700 in 24 months (or less)" that I would suggest reading.  Obviously, you're too the game a little later, but you may get some assistance and ideas to help with how to get that score up there again!

They pulled our credit(soft hit) at the seminar. Everything seems to be accurate.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.