indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone seen this link from Yahoo

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Message 12 of 15
StevenMDG
Valued Member

I see both sides, but If I am current on my house have a good rate and plan on keeping it why wouldn't I reaffirm keep the posiive credit, keep making the payments then in a the years to come sell??

Message 13 of 15
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@StevenMDG wrote:

I see both sides, but If I am current on my house have a good rate and plan on keeping it why wouldn't I reaffirm keep the posiive credit, keep making the payments then in a the years to come sell??

honestly, I see way more upside to NOT reaffirming.  There are other ways you can get positive credit to help rebuild other than reaffirming the mortgage.  Not only that, but you can also sell in the years to come.  Your name is still on the deed so you'll need to sell either way to release that.  Not reaffirming is just eliminating you of future liabilities of the property.  You have almost nothing to gain and everything to lose by reaffirming.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 14 of 15
StevenMDG
Valued Member

I think you are right I have decided not to reaffirm the car and still deciding what I want to do with the house....... trustee meeting on the 29th of Nov. Cannot wait till this is all behind me the stress is eating away at my insides...

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.