Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a reminder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: As a reminder

I filed Chap 7 in July 07 It was discharged in 10/07. I reaffirmed two cars, a house, a second mortgage. All CC's were included in BK except a store card that had a zero balance. But it has no available credit showing now. Will these reaffirmed accounts help my credit scores?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a HSBC and Capital One card with a ZERO balance before filing. Took them about 30 days and they both cancelled the cards without even a notice. As a matter of fact, I had overpaid Capital one by 1.56 and they sent me a check in the mail and cancelled the card. I thought it was odd they sent me the overpayment so I tried using the card at gas pump and was denied. Sure enough went online and found they had cancelled card as well as card with HSBC bank. Also, every retail card, ie Pennys cancelled me as well without even a notice.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck and think very very very very very long and hard before you file BK. 10 years is a very long time and most credit card collection is erased in 4-5 years on credit report.

Bill
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed BK in 2005 and was able to keep a JC Penny's card with a $0 balance at the time through the BK - they never closed it. I just started using it again and it works with the same 400 limit I had at the time (hoping for an increase in a few months now that I've reactivated the card).
Message 13 of 16
TigerCat
Valued Member

I had a macy's card with a zero balance when I filed 2 years ago and they never closed on me. In fact, they even increased my cl to $1000 after I filed! Smiley Happy I have used it every few months, and have pretty much pif'd each time. I guess it depends on your situation, unless the major cc's (Visa, MC, etc.) will close on you automatically.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Bank of America cards closed on me automatically...they sent me a not nice letter demanding I cut up the card and send it back to them. Discover actually sent me a new card a few months after discharge with a $4000 limit...I feel like they were thanking me for paying them and not including it in the bankruptcy..lol. I just got increased to $4800 too but I did the math to make sure I use less than 30% of my available credit Smiley Happy My FICO score is 702 15 months after discharge and I'm trying to get it up around 720 by the new year so I can buy a house...
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

We reaffirmed a car and wanted to keep paying on it, but somehow it was included (of course).  We conitinued paying on it and paid it off, but it didn't help us.  The company said they would put Paid as Agreed, but didn't.  Anything we can do about that?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.