cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user

tag
paul26

Authorized user

Hello all! Bankruptcy has become a possible reality depending on how the rest of the year turns out. I have an issue and would like some input!

I am an authorized user on a credit card from an ex girlfriend (I know I know). Now since it's technically not my debt....does this have to be brought up if I possibly file?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user

@paul26 wrote:
Hello all! Bankruptcy has become a possible reality depending on how the rest of the year turns out. I have an issue and would like some input!

I am an authorized user on a credit card from an ex girlfriend (I know I know). Now since it's technically not my debt....does this have to be brought up if I possibly file?

Thanks!

You can bring it up with your attorney, however an AU is not liable to repay the debt, nor can the creditor request any funds from you to pay it. Depending on the card, it may hinder your rebuilding or help it. if it's ever been late, that reports on your credit, or if it's maxed out that also reports on your credit and both of those would hinder you with rebuilding.

Message 2 of 3
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized user

Ok, I know this is an ex but if you are still in touch, have her call the company and have you removed.  Now pray.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.