Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan After BK? How, where, when?

tag
grammysue
Established Member

Auto Loan After BK? How, where, when?

Any advice on buying new or slightly used car three months after BK discharge?  We're interested in a Huyandi, does anyone know which credit score they use?  Our scores are all over the place, we've just disputed several items at all three.  They range from a 580 to a 711.  EQ is lowest.  Using Scorewatch to see if score changes when they receive dispute letter.  Is it true all items disputed are taken off CR while they are checking?  We have a Saturn that we reaffirmed with a 6.9% rate; it's a little small for us, especially traveling, but maybe we should keep.  Thanks. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan After BK? How, where, when?

hi

I discharged november scores in 600s. called several credit unions asked if they dealt with recently discharged BKs. Signed up with one local to st louis, signed up with Navy Federal CU and was already in EDS CU.

Applied at 4 CU, EDS and Navy approved 6.99 and 6.25 the others said no. 

So I recommend finding a CU. there is a website called findacreditunion dot com that will match you up with ones in your area. If you have a Navy connection suggest calling them or if you have a connection to EDS recommend them.

Also there are the online subprime online money lenders like Roadloans, Capital one or HSBC perhaps.

I generally don't like walking into a dealer without financing for a couple of reasons but auto dealers are able to get financing out of banks when you couldn't on your own so maybe ask a dealer if they can work with you.

But don't take any usurious loan rate, some dealers will try to take advantage of you but you aint as bad as some might want you to think.

No they don't remove items under dispute. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan After BK? How, where, when?

Hyundai gave us a car loan just one month after our ch 13 was discharged.  They are sneaky though so becareful.  When I first went they offered me this crazy interest rate.  I understand I will pay more in interest than others with a high fico score, but they were really taking advantage.  I applied with Capital One got a much better rate.  I went back with Capital One check and guess what?  They beat the rate Capital One gave me. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.