Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan nfcu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan nfcu

I burned navy fed on a credit card in my chapter 13 for over 3k but kept my auto loan through them. How should this be reporting? It's reporting as closed and included in bankruptcy but if I'm paying 300 extra a month to keep the car should it be reporting as open?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan nfcu

Did you reaffirm the loan? If you did not, it is reporting correctly. I don't know how it works with cars, but banks won't move to foreclose on a mortgage IIB as long as payments are kept current. Technically, though, you no longer owe the debt. You could stop paying. You'd just lose the car.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan nfcu

Unless you reaffirmed the loan, even if you're paying they won't report it as such. If you DID reaffirm the loan, then it should be reporting. Your CC with them should be listed as included in BK. If you didn't reaffirm, and are paying as long as you keep paying they won't come after the car. However when you have paid it off they may give you some flack about giving you the title since the loan is cross collateralized with the credit card, which you didn't pay off. Depending on how much is a B they want to be, they can argue that you didn't pay the CC and don't want to give you the title, or they will without a fight. I used to work at PenFed and they did both scenarios to people.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.