01-29-2013 12:25 PM
Anyone have any advice?
I'd like to put my money some place where it helps me with my credit. I have accounts for checking, business checking, brokerage, and IRA - but none of those institutions have given me any credit.
Are there places where I can leverage this? I'm with WF right now and located in California.
Brokerage/IRA: Schwab no longer offers credit
Personal Checking/Savings: Wells Fargo (Secured Card)
Business Checking/Savings: Wells Fargo (no credit)
Thanks for the help.
01-29-2013 03:39 PM
IMO, your Bk is distant enough where you should be doing better credit wise. How long have you had your WF secured? I hope its been at least 6 months.
I would suggest the following.
1. App for a capital product. I'd say cash rewards, at worst platinum. It will be tripple pull but I sincerely don't see how you dont get approved.
2. Consider Barclays. If you have had close to 6 months history with your WF card, go for the Apple, Priceline or NFL cards. I personally like the NL card, but I've seen higher approvals with the priceline. (If not instant approval, recon immediately)
3. Shopping cart trick-easy way to boost available credit without HPs.
4. CreditOne and Fingerhut: I would hessitate to add these. These would have been great at 1-2 months post-BK, but I think you are beyond them at this point.
5. Once 1 and 2 above have aged about 6 months, you could reach for a discover product.
6. If you have any military affiiation or family member affiliation, join Navy Federal.
Steps 1 and 2 are immediate. I can't think of any reasons to be denied if youve been clean since BK and already have WF secured. Good luck and let us know how things go.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO