Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Well....Equifax went and done it.

THEY DELETED MY BK 13! It was due to fall off next month on the 11th!

This has been a long road and one I pray that I will never have to go down ever again! For those who are dealing with bankruptcy, hang in there! Hard times for a moment can bring you your credit goals at the end of the rainbow!

All my credit reports are clear now. I disputed my BK on Equifax back to back, meaning everytime I got a not, I would dispute it again. I also want to say I did not dispute the validity, but was asking for Early Exclusion. Every answer came back, "this information is correct and will remail on your report."

I have more credit available now than I've ever had in my life and for that I am grateful!

Cheers!

Well whether it came off because its one month before the due date or someone made the decision, I am happy! I will be toasting to a new life this season! Happy New Year Everyone!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Congratulations!

I'm close behind you. I have been cleaning up my reports and am now down to just my BK13 reporting with two CRAs. I should be granted an EE from TU in March, and from EXP in June.

I was very fortunate that EQ (who is the hardest to get an EE from) misreported my BK as chapter 7. I sent them a certified letter last month to dispute and was shocked when they actually deleted it!

Phoenix, was sort of bump in your scores did you get when your BKs were removed?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores went from 640s to 730s. Credit Card availability is now 154,700. To me that is unbelievable! 

I'm happy about it!

Message 3 of 15
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well....Equifax went and done it.

THEY DELETED MY BK 13! It was due to fall off next month on the 11th!

This has been a long road and one I pray that I will never have to go down ever again! For those who are dealing with bankruptcy, hang in there! Hard times for a moment can bring you your credit goals at the end of the rainbow!

All my credit reports are clear now. I disputed my BK on Equifax back to back, meaning everytime I got a not, I would dispute it again. I also want to say I did not dispute the validity, but was asking for Early Exclusion. Every answer came back, "this information is correct and will remail on your report."

I have more credit available now than I've ever had in my life and for that I am grateful!

Cheers!

Well whether it came off because its one month before the due date or someone made the decision, I am happy! I will be toasting to a new life this season! Happy New Year Everyone!

Congrats!!

It's a great feeling living past the baddies!!   

toasting with you!

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Scores went from 640s to 730s. Credit Card availability is now 154,700. To me that is unbelievable! 

I'm happy about it!

Congrats!  Thanks for inspiring me - I requested an EE with Transunion because of one of your older threads.  My TU score increased from 679 to 767!  Can't wait to get to where you are with all reports clean.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm happy about it!

Congrats!  Thanks for inspiring me - I requested an EE with Transunion because of one of your older threads.  My TU score increased from 679 to 767!  Can't wait to get to where you are with all reports clean.

That's so awesome! Glad I could help! Let me know so I don't miss a toast! 

Cheers!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like we are all in the same club! Congrats...I can’t wait to be posting this same thing! I got my TU EE, but waiting on the other two.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeFriday - very interesting! We had the same issue with EQ. I got mine fixed several months ago because there is NO way I’m letting a false CH7 sit in my report for an extra 3 Years! DH is in the process of disputing but nothing is easy with EQ! Maybe we will try the certified letter route. Any advice on what to say? Thanks!!!
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's exactly what my certified letter said:

Equifax Information Services LLC

1550 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309-2402

December 8, 2017

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following Public Record of Bankruptcy in my file.

Type of Public Record: Bankruptcy

Case #: [xxxxxxxx]

Date: [xxxxxxxx]

Attached is a copy of my report with the incorrect entry circled. [photocopy of Public Records page of EQ report included.]

I do NOT have a discharged chapter 7 Bankruptcy in my history! This information is incorrect and I demand that you remove it from my report immediately.

I understand that per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are required to notify me of your investigation results within 30 days. Proof of my social security and identification is included to avoid any delays in your response. [I included a photocopy of my SS card and DL in order to avoid any excuses on their part.]

I look forward to receiving an updated copy of my credit report reflecting the deleted entry.

Sincerely,

----

I gave them no information about what it should be instead. About a week later I got a letter back from them asking for more information about how it was inaccurate. I ignored that. Then, about two weeks later I got a dispute update in the mail saying it was permanently deleted.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a score bump when a chapter 13 shows discharged on the report from when it shows open? I know there is a bump when it falls off just was curious about discharge cause my 13 discharges anytime now
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.