cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 7 - Discharged yesterday (5/29) woohoo!

tag
OMIAHEART
New Contributor

BK 7 - Discharged yesterday (5/29) woohoo!

I'm really happy that my BK has been discharged now it's time to clean house and begin credit rebuilding!

Filed BK7 – 2/13 (discharged 5/13) (starting score 586)
myFICO EQ 1/2014: 617
myFICO TU 1/2014: 619
myFICO EX 1/2014: 635
Credit 1 - $500 / Cap 1 Sec. $300 / Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,500
Barclays Apple Card / $1700 / American Gen Loan $5,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Succeedin2
Established Member

Re: BK 7 - Discharged yesterday (5/29) woohoo!

Congratulations! That is a very smart idea to think about ways to rebuild right away! It was a challenge for me because somehow the BK did not show on any of my credit reports and I was trying to buy a car at the time and they said my credit was too clean. I had a company working to get negative items removed and they cleaned it alright. I did not get credit until my car loan over a year after my BK was discharged my issue was i owed no one. I know you will be successful!
Message 2 of 8
adamseve
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Mine was discharged on  5/15.  I'm rebuilding too!  Good luck to youSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the discharge.  It's laways tempting to jump back in the credit world, but be sure to take good stock of what got you into trouble in ther first place.  Credit is essential in the world we live in, use it wisely and to your benefit.  Make your credit work for you, not the other way around.  Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 8
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Check your credit reports and make sure everything correct and be cautious in applying for credit.  If you have too get a secured card, go the credit union route as it will be cheaper than goining with a subprime card company.

Message 5 of 8
OMIAHEART
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I just signed up with Patelco credit untion and opened a savings & checking account.  I plan on obtaining either a credit builder type loan or secured credit card to get me started.  I looked at all my reports and everyting seems to be reporting correctly...IIB...$0 balance.  Is it okay if some tradlines show a past due amount but $0 balance??? Just curious....

Filed BK7 – 2/13 (discharged 5/13) (starting score 586)
myFICO EQ 1/2014: 617
myFICO TU 1/2014: 619
myFICO EX 1/2014: 635
Credit 1 - $500 / Cap 1 Sec. $300 / Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,500
Barclays Apple Card / $1700 / American Gen Loan $5,000
Message 6 of 8
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

You may want to try to dispute the past due on the $0.00 balance tradelines to see if you can make them go away.  If the creditors report back the information is accurate and won't remove the past dates, don't sweat it and move on.

Now that you have joined a credit union, use their resources to help improve your credit. Check to see if your CU has a credit/financial advisor to give you some advise. At CU doesn't charge a penny for use of their financial advisors.  You also want to make sure you have plans in place to prevent you from ever getting back to the situation that cause you to declare bankruptcy. 

Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your discharge!!!! It felt great and big pressure relieved from my chest when I filed back in april 2004. I can't wait for this bk 7 to fall off my reports early next yr. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.