Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK account delete

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

BK account delete

I started working on my credit in March 2013 after telling myself I have failed myself and my daughter long enough. I now have the strength to start again trying to improve my credit.  I filed for 7 BK in 2006 and discharged April 2007. I have witness several negative accounts removed since March 2013 a total of 11 accounts. Accounts that was not mine, accounts that was filed in my BK that had reached their 7 yrs status of limitation from the DOFD, old account from 2008 that I had went into negative status, accounts that was from the BK that was double reporting and collection account that I had paid but was still on my reports.

ACTION TAKEN

1. Paid for Deletion

2. Dispute not mine

3.GW letters (several)

4. Dispute using the DOFD (7yrs status)

5. Correcting account balance

NEXT PHRASE OF IMPROVING MY CREDIT

I still have 4 accounts to pay off within the next 7mths and hoping to do a PFD.

Open two secured credit cards to help improve my credit score.

Vantage score is 608 (9/3/13)

Do anyone have any other options to help improve my score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: BK account delete

Are you saying that you have delinquencies / negative items since the BK? Or that you never updated after the BK to get everything right?

Confused.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 4
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Negative items after the BK and accounts included in the BK

Message 3 of 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Anything included in the BK should be reporting Included in Bankruptcy (IIB) / $0 balance.  Last activity date should be very near your discharge date.

As for the other stuff that's bad post the BK, you might want to ask in the Rebuilding forum.  I don't play the "fix it/PFD" game, I just let it age off so I don't really have any experience with that.  I do know that it's freakin' paramount not to have anything bad after the BK, though.  Post BK baddies will destroy a rebuild faster than that whole Godzilla/Tokyo thing.

Good luck to you,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.