Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK after 9 yrs

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

BK after 9 yrs

In what way can i BK hurt you after 9 yrs before it falls off ? What are the negatives as far as auto loans or getting new CC ? Also if scores are over 700

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK after 9 yrs

Hi joe,

This post answers several questions similar to yours - go figure - I think it's the post right below yours (at least it is at this particular moment). 

For some creditors having a BK report at all - even if it's "old" - is still a deal breaker.

Other creditors will take you on if your BK was discharged over a year ago (or so).

And a few creditors will take you immediately after BK.

Congrats on having your scores in the 700's!

Check out the BK Friendly CC's as well - it'll give you some insights and ideas if you're looking for revolving accounts (and you should have at least one bank/national cc for FICO scoring purposes)

Message 2 of 4
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

who are the creditors that will scorn you for even having it on thereport even if its months from dropping off

Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

This varies by the creditor and or lender and changes pretty constantly. IMO there is never a guarantee of any loan even with perfect credit. So when you have even the slightest small negative reporting it just adds to the mix of approval or denial. 

If you do a search on BK friendly CC's and Not BK friendly I am sure you will get several threads to look over. 

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.