Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK discharge papers

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

BK discharge papers

My fiance filed Chapter 7 this past September, and received (what we think is) his discharge papers today.  He only received a one-page letter from the BK court stating:

Discharge of Debtor

It appearing that the debor is entitled to a discharge.

IT IS ORDERED:

The debtor is granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code)

...along with the date and the judge's signature.

My question is this: since neither of us have filed BK before, we were expecting his discharge papers to be a lot more than one page; is a one-page discharge "paper" normal?

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BK discharge papers

Definitely normal. They already killed enough trees with the filing papers. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Definitely normal. They already killed enough trees with the filing papers. Smiley Wink

Didn't think of it like that...lol!!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the humor, Lexie!!  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

This is why it is extremely important to keep a copy of your petition with the schedule of creditors. You need that as proof to show 1) a specific account was IIB and 2) was discharged in case any future lenders ask for it or you start getting bogus collection attempts from less than reputable companies.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
This is why it is extremely important to keep a copy of your petition with the schedule of creditors. You need that as proof to show 1) a specific account was IIB and 2) was discharged in case any future lenders ask for it or you start getting bogus collection attempts from less than reputable companies.

Pacer is my best friend for that! Had to show my schedule to TU to get them to update things as IIBK!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.