Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK discharged ? have not received offical notice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK discharged ? have not received offical notice

Hello, My lawyer said the end of last month was the deadline for any creditors to file a petition to rebuttal my bankruptcy. So I guess that means I am discharged right? He said it would be a couple weeks before I get my discharge notice because the courts are backed you. 

So do I have to wait for my discharge paperwork from the court to officially know I have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy discharge? I still have not received the discharge notice.... I hope I get it soon.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: BK discharged ? Have not received official notice

Yes you need to wait for the discharge papers. You may need the paperwork when you apply for future credit. Sometimes the bankruptcy courts need to make sure that everything is in order and that there are no fraudulent accounts that have been filed. Just be patient.
Message Edited by CreditBob on 02-20-2009 07:47 PM
Message 2 of 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

From the date of filing Ch. 7 bk it can take around 90 days to receive your actual discharge.  Longer if it was complicated with a lot of assets. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a pacer account you could also check that out and see when the case is discharged and closed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.