cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK fell off EQ today!!! - 70 pt score boost!

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: BK fell off EQ today!!! - 70 pt score boost!

That's so awesome! Congrats! I am getting down to the wire for our 13 to fall off in Sept/Oct. Can't wait!!!

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 11 of 23

Congrats!  I have a ways to go before mine falls off (Dec. 2017), but I'm nearly half way there!  I'm glad to see that your scores were above 700 before the BK fell, as this is my goal score by end of 2014.  I'm being very proactive with my credit now.  It took the last five years to figure it out, but what counts as that I did and my scores aren't too shabby... TU 646, EQ 623

Message 12 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Keep up the hard work! I have found that it is very important to make sure you have NOTHING report negatively since the BK, especially late payments if you want to reach 700. Also, keep your credit card utilization low. It is very possible to get to 700-720 even with a BK reporting if you play your cards right.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 13 of 23

I have two dings right now... both a 30 days late on 2 separate cards.  My DH started a new job in late December 2010 and it pushed his pay period out so we went nearly a month w/o his income.  I called the CC and explained and set up an auto pymt to come out the day his first check was direct deposited.  I was told then that since I called and made arrangements it wouldn't report as late, but they did, and disputes only validate that it was 30 days late, and GW letters go unanswered.

Message 14 of 23
fot1
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:
Keep up the hard work! I have found that it is very important to make sure you have NOTHING report negatively since the BK, especially late payments if you want to reach 700. Also, keep your credit card utilization low. It is very possible to get to 700-720 even with a BK reporting if you play your cards right.

I have a BK, 3 Charge off acounts, 1 collection and my scores are 682,685, and 705

Too many to list..
Message 15 of 23
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

I am above 720 EQ Fico score with BK still reporting for another two years.

Emptypocket is right, you cannot have any negative remarks once the BK is listed on the CR

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 16 of 23
fot1
Established Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

Emptypocket is right, you cannot have any negative remarks once the BK is listed on the CR

Not true.. I have multiple nagatives and broke 700,, while not ideal it isn't the kiss of death either..

Too many to list..
Message 17 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@fot1 wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

Not true.. I have multiple nagatives and broke 700,, while not ideal it isn't the kiss of death either..

Are these FICO scores ?  Where did you pull them from ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 18 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

I'm not saying you can't get to 700 with a BK and negatives, just that it is unlikely with other negatives reporting. I bet the negatives that are reporting are NOT on the repot that has the 705 score. I notice the other scores listed are under 700. Each bureau has its own things that cause scores to go up and down. How old the baddies are would also affect if you can get to 700 or not. The bottom line is, 700 score or not, the BK will affect you getting credit (you may get approved, but with lower limits, or not at the most favorable interest rate). I say this because I was able to get the AMEX's with the BK reporting (as mentioned in my other posts), but I didnt get the top tier interest rate (even though AMEX reported my EX score as 733), and one of the reasons they stated was due to the BK.  I also have been denied CLI's from different creditors solely due to the BK reporting (without any other baddies on the report). 

Baddies since a BK will DEFINITELY negatively impact a person obtaining credit, regardless of the score being 700. The score is not the only thing to be considered when obtaining credit. A baddie SINCE BK may send a signal to creditors that a person has not learned their lesson, and sshould be avoided at all costs.

Excuse me as I step off my soap box now....Smiley Happy

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 19 of 23
fot1
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

Are these FICO scores ?  Where did you pull them from ?

Yes Fico's Tu from here  And Others from M&T bank and PSECU all true fico's

Too many to list..
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.