Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK fell off of EX, waiting for EQ and TU

tag
rm3
Regular Contributor

BK fell off of EX, waiting for EQ and TU

Wish I could check my EX Fico. It fell off march 1. From what I've read it could fall off EQ may 1 and TU a week or two after that. Date filed 6/2003. Anybody remember when their BK fell off and what kind of score bump you got? It's been a long time waiting for this to come. Finally. My 20 yr old self was very irresponsible.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NotTellinYou
New Contributor

Re: BK fell off of EX, waiting for EQ and TU

I'd be interested too, mine was in 2004, but I suspect it may not do that much since the effect of the BK demisinshes over time.  I'm sure it's something but I'm prepared for it not to be that much.  That said it will be nice not to see it anymore!

Starting Score TU: 520
Current Score TU: 815. EX: 806. EQ: 819

Chase Freedom $20k, WellsFargo $12k, Barclay $5k, BCU $15k, Discover $5k, USAA $7k, Lowes $8k, Home Depot $10k, Citi $13k, Apple $15k, Credit One, $20k, NFCU, $25k, Arvest $35K
Message 2 of 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

The bump you receive depends on how much credit you've obtained since your BK.  The length of time that you've had your CCs. loans, mort., etc., as well as your payment history will your new TLs will also have significant impact on wht happens with your scores.  Some have reported a significant increase, others not so much, and a few their scores went down.  

Sorry to say, but you will just have to wait and see shat happens.  I hope you get a nice uptick.

Message 3 of 5
hockeymom2119
Valued Member

My BK fell off in August 2012, one month short of 10 years. I was expecting a nice jump and instead got a credit alert that my score went from 650 to 574. Nothing changed, my balances were the same, I re-established credit, had a long credit history and no late payments ever. I was told this was due to rebucketing. With no other changes since then, and without any major increase in my score sine then, I just got a credit alert this week that I went from 586 to 656. I can't tell you why either. FICO scoring is a mystery to me. I just paid off some accounts today so hopefully I will get another increase now that I have less debt.
Message 4 of 5
GoingTo800
Contributor

My chapter 7 BK is due off next April. I was however able to get my BK off mid last year from Equifax. My score went from 730s to mid 780s with its removal
Equifax Feb 2012 690
TU Feb 2012 720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.