cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK filing hit 2 yrs ago this month. There is Hope! Dont quit!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BK filing hit 2 yrs ago this month. There is Hope! Dont quit!

Two years ago this week I filed for Chap7 BK. DC was 11/15. But creditors go by file date. I was a no asset and didnt need to take the means test in my state. Funny thing is. I filed for 1 reason. Tax lien for back taxes that went back to 2003-2009 and the arrival of the garnishment letter. I had no cards. Cut them up and closed them all in 2004. I had/have a auto loan with Cap1 which I reaffirmed and next month will be paid off. After DC. The lien was released as usual. Now it is gone from all my reports due to age on EX/TU. The remaining was deleted 7/1 from EQ with the new rules. So what I filed for is no longer around. The horror stories I read about how much and what they can garnish made me file. I'm 2 yrs from retirement. Amazing how penalties and interest build over the years. I wont say the amount owed. But it was up there.

My lawyer said get a credit monitoring service for any funny business after DC. I joined MyFICO and started to read and learn the FICO game.  I never knew the FICO game. Started reading here. One zombie CA tried to pull a fast one. Gone in 3 days on my reports after recieving a letter with intent to sue from my lawyer thanks to MyFICO for the alert.

Off I go! I went for the Cap1 Plat. Approved for 2k. First card in 10 yrs. Then the QS1, Upgraded the Plat to QS, then Venture came, Combined the QS1 to the Venture, then the WEMC QS, then came Discover, and it all ended with the Cap1 Premiere Dining WEMC.

In 2 yrs I went from starting at 2k and after being excited and getting cards, auto CLI/SP CLI and Credit Steps. Wait a second. Hit the brakes! I was way over what I really needed. I called Cap1 and asked for CLD's on my Venture and my Cap1 Dining for a total of 16k. Last month Cap1 gave me more auto luv on my Plat/QS and the WEMC QS for 3500 combined. Give up 16k get back 3.5k. LOL! After Disco's 1 yr match next month, and all the cash back earned is now over $600. Venture has 63,000+ miles.

So. There is light at the end of the tunnel after BK. Lotta work and discipline. Be patient. Take your time and rebuild slowly. Dont go crazy.  I was 520-540 2 yrs ago after BK. Now 735-740. If I could do it. Anyone can. I'll end with YMMV. Dont ever think you cant get there. You can. Might seem like a long way to go to get to your goals. But these past 2 yrs flew by so fast. Wish all you BK'er's all the success in your journey. It will pay off. Smiley Very Happy

Yehow! I need a life now after reading the stats.

fico.PNG

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: BK filing hit 2 yrs ago this month. There is Hope! Dont quit!

Amazing, purposeful rebuild! You have done a great job and really stayed on track with your goals and needs. I just love seeing people at or near 700 FICO in TWO years! Keep up the great work Smiley Happy

By the way, my minutes online is 167,980 so don't fell bad haha

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Amazing, purposeful rebuild! You have done a great job and really stayed on track with your goals and needs. I just love seeing people at or near 700 FICO in TWO years! Keep up the great work Smiley Happy

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Scupra! How about having reader titles. SUPER READER! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Scupra! How about having reader titles. SUPER READER! Smiley Happy

There we go!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the anniversary!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

From one Medic to another. Thanks!!!!!

Message 6 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

IMG_7531.JPG

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome progress Fire! 

Im not even gonna look at my minutes....ignorance is bliss 😂

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

IMG_7531.JPG

Woman Tongue You got 4 yrs on me here. No fair. J/K

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Fire!! Looks like your did/are doing a fantastic job!!!! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.