Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK filled in 09

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK filled in 09

Hello All,

I was forced to file BK in 09 due to my divorce ... Lost my house and about 10-15k in CC debt... I have had very decent credit and some amazing credit lines.

Now I have never understood how the BK will work out in future? 

Can someone explain what do i need to do.. I havent applied for anything except the other day at a store they asked for a card and i hought I'll try and got declined was through Chase.

Do I need secure card? 

My report states that everything was included in BK except my verizon which i can figure out... but does that mean once thats taken im all good?

All advise required !!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BK filled in 09

Hi tooties and welcome although I'm sorry it's under these circumstances.

You've come to the right place for advice and suggestions. IMO (In My Opinion) there is no better place on the internet for getting the right answers. There are many here (including myself) who have been through all this and you won't be judged as to the what's and why's of your particular situation.

My BK was so long ago that I'm reluctant to give specific advice because the laws have changed so much since then but I assure you that there is life after BK and that's it's nothing to be ashamed of or to hang your head about. Bad things happen to good people all the time.

I'm confident others will be along soon to give you specifics. I hope you stick around and continue to participate in our community.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks- 

Could you advise my next steps in order to get back to a stronger score and stable credit in my p'folio?

And again I appreciate all the kind words.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tooties,

Welcome!

IMO, the best place to start after a BK is to pull a report and FICO score from here.  The report comes with lots of helpful information, including what's Helping Your FICO Score and What's Hurting Your FICO Score.  The FICO Estimator thats included and particular to your credit report will also provide some helpful input.

After you pull your report, post your FICO score and what's showing up on your report; along with the items under "What's Helping/Hurting Your FICO Score" and you'll get some top notch recommendations from folks on this board who have been through it all.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.