Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK going to fall off around 12/11

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

BK going to fall off around 12/11

So back in 12/01 we filed for BK, and Now 12/11 is coming shortly and I am biting at the bit to see it come off of the reports. First thing I am curious is have any of you seen a jump in scores? and if so what could I expect? Does this truly mean that I am now Prime Time ready? Prime Credit cards that is...It has been 10 years since I have seen a discover or any nice cards and I would love to kick the starter cards to the curb. All my scores are in the mid 600s.

Thanks for the help and info!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
penelope10
Established Member

Re: BK going to fall off around 12/11

First off, congratulations!  I filed CH 7 BK in 5/2002.  My 10 year point is almost here.  I have been doing a lot of research on this subject also.  Provided all the bad accounts fall off, and the public record is removed on time, I have found that it will be anywhere between 15-20 point increase.  My brother's FICO went up 18 points when his fell off. 

All of my BK accounts were removed (without my prompting) about 5 years ago.  The only thing that lingers is my public record.  Also, I have seen a fair amount of people have their public records removed the month prior to filing.  I wouldn't be surprised if yours has fallen off already.

Starting Score 5/1/2002: 553
Current Score 5/30/2012: 785 (EQ FICO)
Current Score 10/2/2012: 803 (TU FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.