Regular Contributor
vollybal

BK going to fall off around 12/11

So back in 12/01 we filed for BK, and Now 12/11 is coming shortly and I am biting at the bit to see it come off of the reports. First thing I am curious is have any of you seen a jump in scores? and if so what could I expect? Does this truly mean that I am now Prime Time ready? Prime Credit cards that is...It has been 10 years since I have seen a discover or any nice cards and I would love to kick the starter cards to the curb. All my scores are in the mid 600s.

Thanks for the help and info!!!

Established Member
penelope10

Re: BK going to fall off around 12/11

First off, congratulations!  I filed CH 7 BK in 5/2002.  My 10 year point is almost here.  I have been doing a lot of research on this subject also.  Provided all the bad accounts fall off, and the public record is removed on time, I have found that it will be anywhere between 15-20 point increase.  My brother's FICO went up 18 points when his fell off. 

All of my BK accounts were removed (without my prompting) about 5 years ago.  The only thing that lingers is my public record.  Also, I have seen a fair amount of people have their public records removed the month prior to filing.  I wouldn't be surprised if yours has fallen off already.

Starting Score 5/1/2002: 553
Current Score 5/30/2012: 785 (EQ FICO)
Current Score 10/2/2012: 803 (TU FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+