Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK off - 800 Credit score

tag
jeffrey930
Established Member

Re: BK dropping off - few months??? earlier

Dispute it online don't call, check old/dismissed I forgot the options. My bk7 is due to fall off this 11/2014 I disputed tranunion online and they took off bk7 on my report 2 months ago. I will try equifax next.
Message 11 of 28
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Jeffrey

By the time I read your post , I had already made the call

The rep said no way until oct

Man of steal - that's nice regarding your  EX It will be interesting to compare notes once we both have a clean report

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 12 of 28
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK dropping off - few months??? UPDATE

Hello everyone 

just a quick update 

BK fell off my experian and credit sesame went up 58 points 

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Message 13 of 28
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

Hello everyone 

just a quick update 

BK fell off my experian and credit sesame went up 58 points 

Hey pokerpro,

That's great news!  Are you planning to app for an Amex card soon?

Message 14 of 28
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

yes - i really want the amex delta as i am a sky miles frequent traveller

but wanted to hold off for a better sign up offer like the 50 k that just expired

what do you think?

Message 15 of 28
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@pokerpro wrote:

yes - i really want the amex delta as i am a sky miles frequent traveller

but wanted to hold off for a better sign up offer like the 50 k that just expired

what do you think?

I can understand you being interested in a nice sign up bonus.  You may want to check and see if you can find any history related to how often they've offered a bonus like that, if you haven't done so already.  If you don't already have a previous card with Amex, you may want to get one before the end of this year to lock in your Member Since Date.  That way, any additional cards you apply for in the future will be back dated to 2014.  Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man-Of-Steel,

I've read many posts that Amex is not BK friendly by any means.  Did you have an Amex account that was included in your BK?  When you applied recently was it an immediate approval?

Message 17 of 28
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Man of Steel

could not find any history

but i have been an AU on my wife's amex since june 2008

so i am getting the benefit of backdating either way - no rush Smiley Happy

appreciate your insight and good luck to you as well - seeing one credit report free of BK is mind blowing - 

i still dont believe it

Message 18 of 28
Scupra
Super Contributor

Wooooo! Congrats Poker! Good luck on the AMEX!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 19 of 28
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Man-Of-Steel,

I've read many posts that Amex is not BK friendly by any means.  Did you have an Amex account that was included in your BK?  When you applied recently was it an immediate approval?

I didn't have an Amex account at the time I went through my BK, so they were not included.  My BK wasn't showing as a public record on my EX report when I applied last year and it was an instant approval.  I also received 3 CLIs, all instant approvals.  Amex has been great with me.  I should also mention that I have a couple of old baddies that are scheduled to drop off my reports in July of 2015.  These baddies are on all 3 CRs and Amex must not have had an issue with them.  This may be a YMMV situation though.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.