Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK on a CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK on a CR

I've searched these threads, but I havent found what I'm looking for. If it's there I've missed it and apologies in advance. I would think that a BK would show up in the "public records" section of a CR, but what is the format of it? What does it look like? Is it blatantly obvious that it IS a bankruptcy, or does one have to interpret the wording to determine if it is in fact a BK?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK on a CR

On my credit report they are all listed in a section called Public Records. They are very clear and very informative as to when filed and whether it was discharged or dismissed etc. 
Message 2 of 8
rizeninme
New Contributor

It is the very first thing on your credit report. Mine lists it as:

US BKPT CT SC COLUMBIA
Identification Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Date Filed: July 24, 2002

So yes, it is blatantly obvious.....
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! That was exactly the info I was looking for Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having trouble understanding the CH-13 BK on my reports. TU and Experian do not even show it at all. EX shows it as date filed 07/01/2000 - dismissed CH-13 and that is all. We stopped the BK in January of 2001 due to a settlement and being able to pay our small amount of doubt in full  at that time. We only filed b/c my hubby was hurt in an accident and could not work.

My question is...does a dismissed CH 13 in TX fall off according to the date filed that is listed on my EX CR?

I want to try to get this off, as soon as possible. I am trying very hard to increase my scores. I have had tremendous luck with this forum's help. I have raised my mid-score 36 points in ONE month, due to disputes and pay off's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I believe that you are correct in that is should have fell off of your reports 7 years from the date that it was filed on all of your credit reports regardless of whether it was discharged or dismissed.
I would dispute the last report that has it showing.
Good luck!! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am having trouble understanding the CH-13 BK on my reports. TU and Experian do not even show it at all. EX shows it as date filed 07/01/2000 - dismissed CH-13 and that is all. We stopped the BK in January of 2001 due to a settlement and being able to pay our small amount of doubt in full at that time. We only filed b/c my hubby was hurt in an accident and could not work.
My question is...does a dismissed CH 13 in TX fall off according to the date filed that is listed on my EX CR?
I want to try to get this off, as soon as possible. I am trying very hard to increase my scores. I have had tremendous luck with this forum's help. I have raised my mid-score 36 points in ONE month, due to disputes and pay off's.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I was filtering through some other threads and came across this, it may help. Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=10399&query.id=92898#M10399
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I think that may very well be what I needed....Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.