Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

BK on a CR

I've searched these threads, but I havent found what I'm looking for. If it's there I've missed it and apologies in advance. I would think that a BK would show up in the "public records" section of a CR, but what is the format of it? What does it look like? Is it blatantly obvious that it IS a bankruptcy, or does one have to interpret the wording to determine if it is in fact a BK?
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
New Visitor
rrockinggramma

Re: BK on a CR

On my credit report they are all listed in a section called Public Records. They are very clear and very informative as to when filed and whether it was discharged or dismissed etc. 
New Contributor
rizeninme

It is the very first thing on your credit report. Mine lists it as:

US BKPT CT SC COLUMBIA
Identification Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Date Filed: July 24, 2002

So yes, it is blatantly obvious.....
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Thank you! That was exactly the info I was looking for :smileyhappy:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Established Member
raisingmyscore

I am having trouble understanding the CH-13 BK on my reports. TU and Experian do not even show it at all. EX shows it as date filed 07/01/2000 - dismissed CH-13 and that is all. We stopped the BK in January of 2001 due to a settlement and being able to pay our small amount of doubt in full  at that time. We only filed b/c my hubby was hurt in an accident and could not work.

My question is...does a dismissed CH 13 in TX fall off according to the date filed that is listed on my EX CR?

I want to try to get this off, as soon as possible. I am trying very hard to increase my scores. I have had tremendous luck with this forum's help. I have raised my mid-score 36 points in ONE month, due to disputes and pay off's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Valued Member
creditrecovery

Hi, I believe that you are correct in that is should have fell off of your reports 7 years from the date that it was filed on all of your credit reports regardless of whether it was discharged or dismissed.
I would dispute the last report that has it showing.
Good luck!! :smileyhappy:
Valued Member
creditrecovery

raisingmyscore wrote:
I am having trouble understanding the CH-13 BK on my reports. TU and Experian do not even show it at all. EX shows it as date filed 07/01/2000 - dismissed CH-13 and that is all. We stopped the BK in January of 2001 due to a settlement and being able to pay our small amount of doubt in full at that time. We only filed b/c my hubby was hurt in an accident and could not work.
My question is...does a dismissed CH 13 in TX fall off according to the date filed that is listed on my EX CR?
I want to try to get this off, as soon as possible. I am trying very hard to increase my scores. I have had tremendous luck with this forum's help. I have raised my mid-score 36 points in ONE month, due to disputes and pay off's.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I was filtering through some other threads and came across this, it may help. :smileyhappy:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=10399&query.id=92898#M10399
Established Member
raisingmyscore

Thank you so much! I think that may very well be what I needed....:smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+