Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK

tag
ggf26
New Visitor

BK

I file Chapter 7 in 2012, my scores are 596TU, 625, 629. Im trying to get my scores to a 640 so I can buy a house!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: BK

@ggf26 wrote:

I file Chapter 7 in 2012, my scores are 596TU, 625, 629. Im trying to get my scores to a 640 so I can buy a house!

Good luck to you friend! With a BK on your report, all you can really do is try to rebuild your credit with some new cards and wait. There isn't much you can do other than that. The BK will fall off your report in whichever month you filed in 2022.

Message 2 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Oh, and also, welcome to the forum!

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@ggf26 wrote:

I wish you all the best with your rebuilding efforts. Get your score to 640 or higher and you can be eligible for an FHA mortgage this year.

Message 4 of 5
jjjd123

Mortgage credit has really strated to loosen up.  I am in the business and have several outlets that will now allow FHA down to a 550.  As long as you are 2yrs post discharge you should be able to get a new FHA loan.

Feel free to message me if you want any more details.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.