cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK13 GONE....

Frequent Contributor

BK13 GONE....

My BK13 is not set to fall until like Oct this year. So far my TU one is gone and has been gone a few months. The Experian one just fell off between the 16th and today. Yes sir! Now I am waiting for ole Mr. Equifax to follow suit. Guess they will probably hold it til the very end. I saw no score increase on Experian on my fako score. it was the last negative item on it outside of a late payment from jan.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: BK13 GONE....

CAnNY - 

What else that's really bad is on your reports?  There's got to be something b/c you're @ 7 years and your scores are in the low/mid 6's.  I'm guessing what ever it is is why you didn't get a bump when the BKs fell off.  Or... haven't you been rebuilding at all for the last 2 years?  I guess that could do it, too.

7 years post filing a 13 I think most people I've seen are well into the 7's.

You don't have to answer if you don't want, but I'm working on a CH13 to 720 guide and I'm really curious.  Note: I see that 1 late in Jan, but that shouldn't hit you so hard.  If you haven't done it recently, I'd do a triple pull from www.annualcreditreport.com and make sure everything is right.

Thanks,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 4
Frequent Contributor

No I don't mind.

First I did not know I could even have a credit card or any credit really while in my 5yr bk13. I knew approval was needed for more than $1500 of credit, but never occurred to me that it was for credit cards too.. Second, I was afraid of credit cards too and chose to just use my debit and cash. Third, I only started my rebuild in March this year. I got two secured cards end of March this year then worked with a credit repair co to get the baddies off. All were removed in May basically except for the Bk13 on my Ex & Eq along with a CA for $200 from 2007 that shows only on my Eq and it recently reports as 120day late go figure. Lol. So I only have the 3 baddies. I recently opened 2 nonsecured cards in July with NFCU. I keep my utilization at less than 30%. I wish my scores were higher but considering what I started with I'm better. Had i known what i know today i would have gotten cards long time ago. Considering I just started I think my scores are appropriate. what do you think?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Oh wait the late that is from jan is a 120 day late due to no fault of my own, but I can't get it removed on my student loans. Two report separatly and each has like 30, 60, then like 4 or so 120 day lates in a row with the last one showing in Jan 2013. I had no clue they were in repayment and they never told me. I had the same number for years, but I have moved a few times. Needless to say cant get them to budge on them, so I let them be.

Message 4 of 4