cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 Deleted from Experian 2 months early!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 Deleted from Experian 2 months early!

I heard that Experian removes a BK from your file earlier than Equifax and Transunion so I checked my Experian CR today and sure enough it's gone.  I filed on 3/2001 so I really wasn't expecting it to come off until March or April but I'm so happy it's finally gone, at least on one of them.  I don't know how much my Score went up for sure  but according to Quizzle it went up 30 points from 691 to 720.

I've been trying to find out if it would come off at the beginning of March or end of March but haven't found much about it.  I'll let you know when Equifax & Transunion remove it.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK7 Deleted from Experian 2 months early!

Congrats Peaches!

That's super!  I am SO excited for you!!!

Totally ignore your Quizzle score - it doesn't correlate with FICO scores.  But, it will be SO exciting when you see what your FICO's do with that BK falling off - I hope you post the FICO results when you get them - lots of folks want to know!!!  (And posting FAKO score results can be SO confusing to folks - especially Newbies - that it really helps not to - even though it can be a little tempting).

Woot-woot and happy dance to you!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Peaches!

That's super!  I am SO excited for you!!!

Totally ignore your Quizzle score - it doesn't correlate with FICO scores.  But, it will be SO exciting when you see what your FICO's do with that BK falling off - I hope you post the FICO results when you get them - lots of folks want to know!!!  (And posting FAKO score results can be SO confusing to folks - especially Newbies - that it really helps not to - even though it can be a little tempting).

Woot-woot and happy dance to you!

I will do that!  It's probably going to be a couple of months before it comes off the other two bureau's.  I only posted the quizzle results because you can't buy your Experian Fico score any longer.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peaches4524 wrote:  I only posted the quizzle results because you can't buy your Experian Fico score any longer.

I know.  Dang them.  But the FICO's that are available for TU and EQ are helpful - the FAKO's for EX are just random.

I've bookmarked this page to make sure I don't miss it when you update it!  Lots of folks will be anxious to see your results. 

Are you feeling sort of SUPER??  My BK ages off in 2012 - I'm already wanting to start counting down.....now that it's 2011, I can officially say "Next Year!"

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Peaches4524 wrote:  I only posted the quizzle results because you can't buy your Experian Fico score any longer.

I know.  Dang them.  But the FICO's that are available for TU and EQ are helpful - the FAKO's for EX are just random.

I've bookmarked this page to make sure I don't miss it when you update it!  Lots of folks will be anxious to see your results. 

Are you feeling sort of SUPER??  My BK ages off in 2012 - I'm already wanting to start counting down.....now that it's 2011, I can officially say "Next Year!"

It's been a looong 10 years.  It feels great that I'm almost there.  It will feel really good to not have to "settle" for something less than you want or need just because of something that happened 10 years ago.  I can't wait until March!

Message 5 of 12
KMBA

I just got my FAKO score from Experian and I noticed the same thing.  My BK7 was initiated on 3/01/2001.  It has not dropped from either the TU or EQ reports. I expect that it will be gone in February.  Hopefully that will push my FICO scores above 700.  Cannot wait to see the impact.

Cheers!!!

Your Latest FICO® Scores
Experian 769 Date 08/12/2013
TransUnion 743 Date: 08/12/2013
Equifax 788 Date: 08/12/2013
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK7 Deleted from Experian 2 months early! UPDATED

I checked this morning and my BK7 has been deleted from Equifax.  My score raised 15 points from 685 to 700!  I'm in the 700 club now.  Woo Hoo!  I have no other baddies on my report now.  Still waiting on TU.  I'll report back once that one is removed.  Equifax is my worst because everybody seems to pull that CRA on me.  I currently have 5 inquiries on EQ, 0 on TU and 0 on EX.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  And congrats on all your good work in rebuilding!  S-U-P-E-RRRRR!!!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  And congrats on all your good work in rebuilding!  S-U-P-E-RRRRR!!!!

Thank you very much!  The bad news is I can't update my signature.  Something is wrong with the system.  Smiley Sad

Your Equifax FICO® score: 700

On February 1, 2011

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK7 was finally removed from TU today when I checked.  So, I pulled my new Fico score and drum roll...............it increased from 693 to 714! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.