Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 Discharge

341 meeting on 2/8. BK7 should have dicharged 4/8.

How do I know for sure this happened? 

When could I be pre-qualified for a cap 1 card? Just looking for a card or 2 to get started.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: BK7 Discharge

I'm not sure, but if its discharged you should get some sort of communication from the BK court. You can contact the BK clerk at the court, or check online through https://www.pacer.gov/

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked PACER today, nothing there about my discharge yet. How long will it take to show? Was scheduled to discharge on 4/8

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

341 meeting on 2/8. BK7 should have dicharged 4/8.

How do I know for sure this happened? 

When could I be pre-qualified for a cap 1 card? Just looking for a card or 2 to get started.

Thanks

Discharges can take a while. I filed in 04/15 and wasnt discharged until 8/15.  You'll receive a letter in the mail with your discharge and date on it. As for the pre-qual, its not recommened to apply until you know for sure you're discharged...but simply checking Cap One's pre-qual link will answer that question for you.

Message 4 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checked PACER today, nothing there about my discharge yet. How long will it take to show? Was scheduled to discharge on 4/8

When your BK is discharged, then it doesn't take long before you see it on Pacer. There really isn't a date where your discharge is "scheduled".  You completed your 341 meeting on 2/8. Creditors have 60 days to object their accounts from being discharged. That deadline is on 4/8 and has passed as of last Friday. I don't think the courts operate on the weekends. My best guess, you will be discharged sometime this week. Give it a few more days. You waited 60+ days, just stay patient and give it to the end of the week. 

I'm kinda in the same boat as you now. Today is the last day for creditors to object to my discharge. I plan to give it to EOD Friday, before I expect to see a discharge. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  I'm in the same boat!  We filed on 12/30, 341 meeting was on 2/11 so I figured our discharge would be this week.  I checked my scores this morning and TU is showing 607 and EQ is showing 621 when just 2 weeks ago they were 100 points less so I am assuming we are discharged but haven't checked pacer yet.  

It's hard to wait isn't it?  I'm so anxious to rebuild!

Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

It all depends on your BK District Court.

For Example - for us, they process them once a month on the 15th - so, if you're a Ch. 7 Case - if your waiting period for objection ends on the 13th, you'll be discharged in two days.  If your waiting period for objection ended on the 16th - you'll be waiting a full month for discharge.

Now, the above example is mine, and not reflective of every case, but, once discharged, you will receive a letter, and, your attorney (if you used one), should be able to assist.

Also to note - a BK simply reporting as discharged will not cause your score to update - more than likely what happens here is that your accounts are being updated which changes the calculation for your score.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update- just checked my pacer and our Ch7 was discharged on 4/12!  Check your pacer if you haven't yet!

Message 8 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the discharge!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick update- just checked my pacer and our Ch7 was discharged on 4/12!  Check your pacer if you haven't yet!

Congrats on the discharge! I am still waiting on mine. But I have a feeling I will be waiting until next week for a discharge. Hoping for a discharge on Friday, but we'll see. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.