Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 FINALLY GONE!!!!🎉🎉🎉

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK7 FINALLY GONE!!!!🎉🎉🎉

Congrats! Nice score jump for you.  And how did you apply for a mortgage by accident Smiley Surprised  You must have had a very proactive loan officer!!  

My Ch 7 BK (joint with my hubby) discharged 11-28-2008 so we are at 7 years now.  I assumed it would stay on for 10 years but I'm intrigued you got yours removed from one CRA by just asking.  Any tips you can share?  Thank you!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Around the same time that I'd gotten approved for my 2nd store card, I decided to check my credit store. I signed up at lending tree (not knowing at the time that it wasn't a real score). Shortly after that, I got a pre approved offer from quicken. Still not believing that I'd get approved, I applied (mid score came back at 676). I ended up closing with a different broker and lender but, it was the initial push from quicken via lending tree that started things. Within 3 mos, I went from being in my rental to closing on my house!!!

as for the BK7 removal tips... TU was the easiest. I just called and asked after reading other succes stories here (@9yr 5mos was removed). Exp, fell off on its own @9 yrs 7 mos. EQ took the longest, falling off (on its own) @9yrs 11 mos. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story on how you got approved for your mortgage! Smiley Happy    When I get a little closer to the 10 year mark, I will see if I can't get the BK removed from the reports.

Message 13 of 13
† Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.