Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 reporting discrepancy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 reporting discrepancy

I filed Chap 7 in 2009. The date reporting on all 3B's and the actual date are one day off. Worth disputing?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK7 reporting discrepancy

My BK13 had different dates on all 3 bureaus, just a few days off from each other. No idea why. 

One day off is within reporting discrepancies. But I say go for it. Do a dispute based on inaccurate date. You won't get it removed from all three on that, but maybe one will be deleted. 

Message 2 of 19
priscie
Established Member

Check everything on your credit reports.  I found on three accounts for one of my creditors.  Only one posted about my bankruptcy.  When I check the date opened, last activity I the went to the site that shows your payments.  The date of the date opened and the last activity did not match up.   On your myFICO site they have FICO forums which discusses bankruptcy.   There is a facebook site Credit Steppers where you can find very useful information regarding Bankruptcy.  Juanita Blanche-Patteron developed the site so people who have bad credit, bankruptcy, bad credit scores who cannot afford to pay someone to fix their credit and there is also services that you can pay for.  If you have questions Juanita, or one of the other admins,  will be more than happy to answers your questions.  Great resource!

Message 3 of 19
priscie
Established Member

I found errors on three of my accounts with one creditor.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I disputed with TU right after this post. This morning I woke up to a 74 point jump in my TU score from CK. Reason? Public record deleted. So, on this morning, I have excellent!!! credit on one CRA. First time in my life this is true.I took a picture so I can remember what it's like. I am dubious that it will stay this way, but today I'm happy. Smiley Happy I hope this is an indication of what will happen for my scores next year when my ten years are actually over.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

...and get the party shoes on! Just got the email from TU that they in fact deleted. My ten years are up July of 2019. Go figure. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
priscie
Established Member

What did you do to get it deleted?
Message 7 of 19
priscie
Established Member

What did you do to get it deleted? I will check back later.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply filed a dispute noting incorrect imformation being reported.

Message 9 of 19
priscie
Established Member

What state are you in? Did you send any documentation? Did you explain what was incorrect on your credit report? Thank you for responding.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.