Did you mean: 

BK7 to 700 in less than 2 Years & a Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 to 700 in less than 2 Years & a Question

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

First off, thank you to everyone on here. Such a great community! 

In the begining of 2015 I had the following. 

2x - 20K Personal Loans from CUs (DCU and Small Local CU) 

5x - Chase Cards 40k ish in Limits and a NPSL 

1 - Discover It 5K CL 

3x - Citi 20K ish in Limits

3x - Cap 1 - 30Kish CL 

3x - Barclays 10kish CL 

2x - Wells Fargo 9K CL

2x - Amex 5K ish CL 

1x - Macys Store Card 1.5k CL 

1x - Honda FInancial Lease (reaffirmed) 

1x - Chase AU (16k CL, unaffected by BK) 

Anyway Oct 2015 i had to go BK7. Unfortunately, my attorney said not to pay pre BK and ofcourse, pre BK things went 120 Days oh well. Burned em all. 

Started 2015 with 740ish scores

Discharged Jan 2016

Score droped to mid 500s 

I used LexingtonLaw to clean stuff up for 6 months, got IIB off EQ and TU, EX is a stickler and didn't budge 

Started with Merrick, Credit One, MileStone, 1 Yr post BK got Cap 1 (3k Limit) 

Started by business July 2016. 

Unfortunately, until recently, there has been significant utilization. in the last month, i paid off most of my CC debt except for my Cap1.

Joined PenFed, instantly approved for 5K personal consolidation loan. and small Thrifty Limit. They approved a car loan also. 

Paid off Cap 1 and joined a small CU, pre approved for 2k Limit. 8.5%

3 Days ago, got pre approval from Cap1 for the new premier dining card, instant approved 10K CL WEMC 

also applied for Spark, Instant approval 7.5k CL. Visa Signiture (LLC but no I have no known trade lines)

Apped for Barclays and recon'd they said i was blacklisted. No HP

Apped for Discover, Decline - NO HP recon tomorrow. 

Apped Citizens Bank - 10 days will recon tomorrow 

Probably hitting the garden soon, but any thoughts on where i could go next? 

Also, thinking of closing Milestone, Credit1, Milestone (2.8kish CL total, should be fine to close now right?) 

I'd love to get a few trade lines established for the business. I'd rather no PG obviously, but i'm more concerned with establishment. 

FICO9 EX 701 9/17 

Anyway, just thought i'd share. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezy20004
Valued Member

Re: BK7 to 700 in less than 2 Years & a Question

How do you get the high limits?

Im still trying to figure that out.  I have Cap1 Discover IT and make good money

Starting Score: EQ 501 TU 505 EX 510
Current Score: EQ 719 TU 705 EX 684
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can dispute items included in bankruptcy??

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can dispute *anything* that is not reporting correctly.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used LexingtonLaw to clean stuff up for 6 months, got IIB off EQ and TU, EX is a stickler and didn't budge 

Im confused, how do you get the IIB off EQ and TU when you did in fact get discharged?  isnt the info correct?  you went from 500s to 700 in a little over a year, so id like to follow your lead with the Lexington law process.  do you own your home? and what is your appx. income or income range if you dont mind me asking.  I have a joint car loan with DH...I applied for a credit one and nfcu card.  was approved for 300 on the credit one and waiting to hear on navy.  but since reading your post, I am thinking to stop apping and go the lexington law route for 6 months.

Message 5 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im confused, how do you get the IIB off EQ and TU when you did in fact get discharged?  isnt the info correct?  you went from 500s to 700 in a little over a year, so id like to follow your lead with the Lexington law process.  do you own your home? and what is your appx. income or income range if you dont mind me asking.  I have a joint car loan with DH...I applied for a credit one and nfcu card.  was approved for 300 on the credit one and waiting to hear on navy.  but since reading your post, I am thinking to stop apping and go the lexington law route for 6 months.

Lexington Law uses some questionable dispute practices. They do absolutely NOTHING someone couldn't do on their own, just remember that. Obviously there is no one size fits all, so some choose to use them.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!  After some research, I did decide against Lexington Law based on their reviews.  I will try on my own.  Equifax shows my BK as filed on 6/1/2020... so I will be doing some disputing on my own.

thanks again.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.