Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

0 Kudos

BK7 to 700 in less than 2 Years & a Question

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

First off, thank you to everyone on here. Such a great community! 

In the begining of 2015 I had the following. 

2x - 20K Personal Loans from CUs (DCU and Small Local CU) 

5x - Chase Cards 40k ish in Limits and a NPSL 

1 - Discover It 5K CL 

3x - Citi 20K ish in Limits

3x - Cap 1 - 30Kish CL 

3x - Barclays 10kish CL 

2x - Wells Fargo 9K CL

2x - Amex 5K ish CL 

1x - Macys Store Card 1.5k CL 

1x - Honda FInancial Lease (reaffirmed) 

1x - Chase AU (16k CL, unaffected by BK) 

Anyway Oct 2015 i had to go BK7. Unfortunately, my attorney said not to pay pre BK and ofcourse, pre BK things went 120 Days oh well. Burned em all. 

Started 2015 with 740ish scores

Discharged Jan 2016

Score droped to mid 500s 

I used LexingtonLaw to clean stuff up for 6 months, got IIB off EQ and TU, EX is a stickler and didn't budge 

Started with Merrick, Credit One, MileStone, 1 Yr post BK got Cap 1 (3k Limit) 

Started by business July 2016. 

Unfortunately, until recently, there has been significant utilization. in the last month, i paid off most of my CC debt except for my Cap1.

Joined PenFed, instantly approved for 5K personal consolidation loan. and small Thrifty Limit. They approved a car loan also. 

Paid off Cap 1 and joined a small CU, pre approved for 2k Limit. 8.5%

3 Days ago, got pre approval from Cap1 for the new premier dining card, instant approved 10K CL WEMC 

also applied for Spark, Instant approval 7.5k CL. Visa Signiture (LLC but no I have no known trade lines)

Apped for Barclays and recon'd they said i was blacklisted. No HP

Apped for Discover, Decline - NO HP recon tomorrow. 

Apped Citizens Bank - 10 days will recon tomorrow 

Probably hitting the garden soon, but any thoughts on where i could go next? 

Also, thinking of closing Milestone, Credit1, Milestone (2.8kish CL total, should be fine to close now right?) 

I'd love to get a few trade lines established for the business. I'd rather no PG obviously, but i'm more concerned with establishment. 

FICO9 EX 701 9/17 

Anyway, just thought i'd share. 

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Re: BK7 to 700 in less than 2 Years & a Question

How do you get the high limits?

Im still trying to figure that out.  I have Cap1 Discover IT and make good money

Starting Score: EQ
Current Score: EQ
Goal Score: EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
0 Kudos

you can dispute items included in bankruptcy??

DISC 8/14/17: EQU: 494 TRS: 469 EXP: 492
GOAL: GET BACK TO 760
CURRENT: EQU: 598 TRS: 601 EXP: 598
Credit Karma: TRS: 678 EQU: 652
Rebuild Progress: PENFED Member, Chase Checking Account, Credit One Unsecured 300, Milestone Gold Unsecured 300, Sonoma Williams Comenity 250
Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

You can dispute *anything* that is not reporting correctly.

Current FICO 8 Scores EX569/TU485/EQ543 9/18/2017 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.