New Visitor
sam1970

BUSINESS DEBTS: 250K, HAVE GREAT DIFFICULTY PAYING, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I HAVE BUSINESS DEBTS: 250K.  HAVE GREAT DIFFICULTY PAYING, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I have a corporation with several business lines of credit and credit cards (most of them, personally guaranteed on the application). Due to a very weak economy, unpaid accounts receivables  and depleting business sales, it seems in a very short time the company will almost be unable to keep up with minimum payments and repay the debt.

I have almost no debts on my personal credit cards except a home mortgage. My personal FICO score is around 725.

1) Should I file for Business Bankruptcy?
2) If I do file for Business Bankruptcy, will it affect my personal credit?
3) Can my business creditors (all banks) go after my personal assets & home?
4) Is there a legal way to protect my personal assets?

Appreciate all advise. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

Regards,

Sam
Established Contributor
granny031350

Re: BUSINESS DEBTS: 250K, HAVE GREAT DIFFICULTY PAYING, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

gather up your information and talk to a qualified BK attorney that specializes in chapter 11's.  That way you will get legal answers and know what your situation is and where you stand. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+