Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Bankruptcies Falling Off..What to expect?

Finally after 10 years the bankruptcies I had to file to get divorced are falling off! What type of credit boost should I expect? What did you see? I have been rebuilding steady just gardening now. 

Cap 1 QS|Cap 1 Secured|Navy Fed Secured|Barclays|Milestone|Credit One|Target

Re: Bankruptcies Falling Off..What to expect?

Mine are also just falling of my reports. File date was 4/27/2007. Experian went forn 727 to 769. Equifax fako through creditkarma 719 to 751. Congrats on the BKs dropping. I look forward to hear your score change as well.

Frequent Contributor

Joshbarden wrote:

Mine are also just falling of my reports. File date was 4/27/2007. Experian went forn 727 to 769. Equifax fako through creditkarma 719 to 751. Congrats on the BKs dropping. I look forward to hear your score change as well.

I assume you had a Chapter 7?  My 13 was filed 4/10/2010 and I expect it to fall off in April/May, my scores should go up as well since I have re-established credit with all accounts at 100% on time payments.  I'm hoping to land in the low to mid 700s.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681
02/07/17 - Eq688 TU719 Ex681 03/21/17 Eq738 TU753 Ex750

[ Edited ]

Yes mine was a chapter 7. I had begun reestabilshing my credit as soon as I could with a Capital One auto loan and credit card. Have had several loans including 3 auto 1 boat and a personal loan for a small real estate purchase. No missed or late payments. Scores were 710-737 before BK falling off. TU is the only one still reporting the BK and my score is 734. EX and EQ have removed the BK and are reporting a 774 and 785 FICO8. 

I'd be interested in hearing the result in your BK falling off.

Regular Contributor

oldman425 wrote:

Joshbarden wrote:

I assume you had a Chapter 7?  My 13 was filed 4/10/2010 and I expect it to fall off in April/May, my scores should go up as well since I have re-established credit with all accounts at 100% on time payments.  I'm hoping to land in the low to mid 700s.

You might check to see if it falls off early.  I have seen this happening amongst other posters here.  Mine is 9-29-2011.  I am PRAYING SO HARD that I see it fall off like in July next year!

In second year post 13 DC (12-28-15)
Entered garden 10-3-16 App'd for mortgage January 14

Current Scores: TU670 EQ684 EX693 Updated: Feb 22, 2017
Goal: 700's across the board! My FICO 9's are already all over 700 and my mid-range mtg score is 701! Yay me!
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My experience was really big jumps in scores. One was 89 points, if I remember correctly. It was unbelievable. Congratulations on your success!!!

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards
Contributor

Have you considered requesting that TU do an early exclusion on the BK?  Ordinarly they will honor that request if it's within six months of the date that it would fall off automatically.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pedro1 wrote:

Have you considered requesting that TU do an early exclusion on the BK?  Ordinarly they will honor that request if it's within six months of the date that it would fall off automatically.

Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

ETA - I called TU and they stated that they will let me know within 30 days.  EX already showed that it was off but no change in score as of today and I submitted a online request with EQ.

Frequent Contributor

My TU is now 749.

Contributor

Nice!  That is a huge jump!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.