cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy CH7 (obtaining a Cap1 card)

tag
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy CH7 (obtaining a Cap1 card)

A lady from EO yesterday called and said she could take an application over the phone and send it to the underwriting department, I declined because I thought it was a waste of time.... now I wonder if I should have done it.
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:
Yay! Congrats! I got a call back from them as well, they never pull my reports either whenever I apply... I sent the email two weeks ago and she called yesterday ... She said she will look into it and call me back.. She also stated charge off starts from the discharge date ..

This is good info that many people have been trying to figure out.

Message 22 of 30
daveg38
Established Contributor

kobe2012 wrote:
She also stated charge off starts from the discharge date ..

I do not think this EO rep knows what she's talking about.

I would've had to wait until 2017 to get a CO card.

I am pretty certain the one year rule is from when the card charged-off officially...which for me was 2.5 years ago.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 23 of 30
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Datx, which credit did they pull? Am still waiting to hear back from the lady from the executive office. She called me Monday. Am hoping for a positive outcome

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 24 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Dupe post.

Message 25 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:
@Datx, which credit did they pull? Am still waiting to hear back from the lady from the executive office. She called me Monday. Am hoping for a positive outcome

They pulled all 3 CRs. Cap One is known to be a triple puller. Hoping for a positive outcome for you as well. Good luck!

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me Capital 1 pulled EX & EQ. I was approved without hitting the one year discharge date. It will be one year on Dec 28th.
Message 27 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Got my card in the mail today, that was kinda quick. Got the Quick Silver One MC, with the $39 AF. I plan to run everything through this card, and run very high usage which I heard Cap One likes. High usage, multiple payments. The letter states "Make your first 5 monthly payments on time to gain access to a higher credit limit". 

Message 28 of 30
daveg38
Established Contributor

Was your Credit Steps program in the card envelope, or come separately?

To date, I am yet to see anything about my program CLI, but according to chat, I'll go up a whopping $200.

I have run 2.5 times my limit in June and so far in July. Hoping for a healthy 61 CLI.

BTW Datx, I'd love to know how you scored a Cabelas. I got shot down with scores like yours.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 29 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I didn't get any info about "Credit Steps" in the evenlope. On the letter, it just states my credit line, APR, membership fee etc. Under the credit line area is where it states when I make my first 5 montly payments to gain access to a higher limit. 

For Cabela's,  I ran through my CRs and see that they pulled EQ on 6-18. When I did my triple pull on CCT on 6-24, my EQ FICO score was at 598. I am guessing my EQ score was in the low 600s when I was approved for Cabela's. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.