cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Error on my Experian Report!!!!!!!

tag
IGUESSO

Bankruptcy Error on my Experian Report!!!!!!!

Hello All,

I have an erroneous Chap 7 Bankruptcy discharge on my credit report. From the look of my report the bankruptcy included my 3 other collection acct. They all show  $0 balance and now reads "discharged through Chap 7 Bankruptcy".

I also noticed that my dad's name is on my credit report as a alias of mines (he filed for bankruptcy in 2008). But I am not sure if it belongs to him.

How do I delete the bankruptcy from my CR? Do I need to dispute only the public record bankruptcy and once it is deleted that will correct the other accounts or must I dispute each collection acct too?

This just posted to my credit report. I just bought a house 7 months ago and I worked so hard to get my score up but now I feel like I am back at square one. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Error on my Experian Report!!!!!!!

Hi IGUESSO,

Glad you're here at the forums - sorry about this post, though!

On your CR, what are the dates showing for BK filing date and BK discharge date?  Do they line up with your father's BK?

Definitely contact the CRA's to clear up the alias issue asap.

And definitely contact them to have the BK removed - whether it belongs to your dad or not - if it's not yours!

Are the collection accounts on your reporting actually yours?  Or are they your dads?  Or just not yours and you don't know whose they are?

Message 2 of 6
IGUESSO

Hi BeameUP,

The filing date was in 2008 and the discharge date was in 2010. The collections are mines but now they show a discharge bankruptcy. How do I get the discharge bankruptcy off the collection accounts? Must I dispute each collection account or do I only need to dispute the public records bankruptcy?

Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You're going to have to deal with each individually (accounts, collections, bk itself).

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the filing date on your report jives with your dad's filing date, true?  So that part of the mystery is solved.

And yes, you'll have to clear up the identity issue along with each of the accounts.  It's a bit of a mess!!!  As overwhelming as it may seem, get started and get 'er done.  What a pain.  Smiley Mad

Is it showing up this way on all three reports?

Message 5 of 6
IGUESSO

I pulled all three reports but it is only showing on Experian. Yes indeed a mess. How could they get this so wrong. GRRRRR!!!!!! I will begin the process of sending my letters tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help. I will post the results.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.