Established Contributor
ayles

Re: Bankruptcy FAQs

Great resource! Thank you so much for putting this together! As one who went through a ch7 four years ago, I agree with a lot of the information presented in the FAQs.

One thing I did notice that I believe may be inaccurate is "You have to be a US citizen to file."  That is not true.  I was a permanent resident when I filed (now a citizen as of March 2013 woo hoo!) and had no issues concerning that.  Now I don't know if you have to at least be a permanent resident but I do know you didn't have to be a US citizen when I filed.  Maybe it has changed since 2010?

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Established Member
wvgirl_sunshine

I just checked ndc.org and it says under my chapter 13    Case Status:  Completed SD....and Date closed 2/12/14....Can someone tell me what SD stands for?  also, I have over 3,000.00  balance on hand...will this money get refunded to me  since case is closed or get sent to creditors?   Appreciate any info...

Never Look Down on Anyone Unless You are Helping Them Up
New Visitor
shineshawn

Thank you all for this great information. Now a days nearly all consumer bankruptcy attorneys offer free consultations . We can take good benefits of this  and can also get advice based on all of the details of  particular case.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+